Good Day all! Needing your help with a new project. I have

Good Day all!
Needing your help with a new project. I have a site under development and I need to create an events page, but my client wants the "layout" to be very similar to their old site's events page [see Capture.png].
I am having a challenge recreating this with the Events+ plugin. I have only been able to get this [ see Capture2.png].
Also, I need to be able to have "next/previous" buttons added at the bottom, so that viewers may view all the events.
Thank you in advance......
Hoping that you can help me create this.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike,

Only way to make this look like old events is to add custom CSS styles - I could try to help you with them, but I would need to see actual site.

As for the prev/next link in the single event I don't see option to add it, but let me check with developer if this is possible.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mike

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Can you check the following custom CSS Code? I've made some adjustments (not all) to give you idea about which div to grab and how to rearrange them. And I believe, it clearly shows that with proper CSS declarations, you can exactly make our plugin look like your reference image.

.eab-event h4 {
      color: #ffffff;
      font-size: 15px;
    }
    .eab-event-body .wpmudevevents-date {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0 0;
      padding-left: 0;
    }
    .event.open.group-retreat hr {
      border: medium none;
    }
    .wpmudevevents-viewevent {
      display: none !important;
    }

Please let us know if you have any confusion or problem when designing, we will be glad to help. But designing it completely like the reference image is a big task and I'm afraid that's beyond our support scope. If you need to hire a developer to do this for you, you can always check in our jobs section here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Mike
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for your super-quick response. Unfortunately, none of the code you provided gave any insight into this challenge.
    I am still unable to show a thumbnail of an event.
    I am still unable to show a brief description of the event.
    I am still not able to have a "next/previous" button set at the bottom of the page.

What I really need is to recreate the demo layout you have on the Events+ page. See attachment.
    Can you explain how to do that?
    Not trying to be a jerk here, but none of your documentation gives anyone any insight how to create something that you show as something that could be accomplished quite readily.
    Hoping you can help clear this up....
    Thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mike

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm so sorry that my code didn't give you any insight. Actually I was just trying to give you some idea about the classes used in the page.

However, now from your requirement, it seems like you will need a custom page template as the shortcode [eab_archive] doesn't support thumbnails and title to be linked.

For creating a custom page template, you can know details from here: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-a-custom-page-in-wordpress/

After you create a custom page template, open your archive.php from your template, copy all the codes except the header commented out lines.

Now paste all the code in your new page template. After you have pasted all the codes in the new file, find the following line:
    if ( have_posts() ) :
    Now paste the following code above the line you found:

<?php
    		    query_posts(array(
    		        'post_type' => 'incsub_event',
    		        'showposts' => 10
    		    ) );
    		?>

It will show the list of events with thumbnails and clickable titles. Now find the following line again:

get_template_part( 'content',

Replace this line with the content format found in content.php file inside your theme.

Now you can customize the events archive page as your heart want. If even now you don't get any insight, I'm afraid you need someone to do the full project for you and I'm afraid that's beyond our support scope.

However, if you face challenges in doing such, you can always hire a developer from our jobs section located here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/jobs/

Please let us know if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.