CoursePress platform for teachers

Good day,

Is it possible to use/setup CoursePress like a platform for teachers where they can register an account en setup there own course(s)? Do I need like a multisite approach to get this done?

Best regards,
Joeri.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Joeri!

You can absolutely use CoursePress like this, and no need for multisite unless you want it. Teachers who join your site will need to be given instructor privileges, and you'll need to make sure instructors can add/edit/delete courses/units/etc.

I grabbed a screenshot of the Instructor tab settings within CoursePress below. You can really drill down to customize what instructors can and can't do here.

Hope this helps!

• joeri1977

Hi Michelle,

That's great and thank you for the quick reply! Maybe I had to look at all the options before asking, but I read the details of the plugin and I couldn't find any instructions on this topic.

I have one more question if I may. How about setting up some sort of subscription for the teachers so that they have to pay to register and then they can sell there own courses? Is that also possible with the CoursePro plugin or do I need a subscription plugin to get this setup?

Best regards,
    Joeri.

• joeri1977

Hi Michelle (or anyone),

In addition, I looked at the possibilities of CoursePress but I do think I need a plugin like the wpmu membership plugin for teachers to pay if they want to register. I just think that the membership plugin is maybe to big of a plugin with way to many options. Or do you think that the membership plugin should serve well for the setup I want to create?

In short, I need a membership plugin so that teachers who wants to register and get admin access have to pay first, but CoursePress is handeling the permissions on what kind admin access they get.

Hopefully I am not trying to explain myself to much and that it's clear what I want to build. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your reply.

• Michelle Shull

Hey joeri1977!

Membership would work for this, and so would our Protected Content. Both are great plugins, but I think Protected Content might be the better option here because:
    1. It's simpler to set up.
    2. It's ideal for new sites, Membership is better for established sites.
    3. It has a wider array of payment gateways.

Once you've installed Protected Content, you could create two memberships (teachers and students) and one paid subscription level, one free, so setup would be a breeze.

Hope this helps!