Good day, we are just tidying up things but need to launch

Good day, we are just tidying up things but need to launch soon. Our recent question was how to restrict certain pages from non logged in users. The response was to use this plugin
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/redirect-to-login-if-not-logged-in however we are trying to restrict specific pages while leaving other available. Is it possible to use protect content for this but have (2) different messages that can be configure like the protect content page. Also instead of it saying "protected content" can it say something like PLEASE LOGIN in the title area?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Luis,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, you can do this out of the box with Protected Content :slight_smile:

You just want to show different messages on the protected content page for members vs non-logged in users right? We can do this with some shortcodes:

[ms-user type="guest"]
    Please Login:
    [ms-membership-login]
    [/ms-user]

[ms-user type="loggedin"]
    message for logged in users goes here
    [/ms-user]

How does that sound? :slight_smile:

As for the tab title, you can use Infinite SEO to change that, install it and go to the Protected Content page in your WP pages list and there will be a new meta field for "Title" underneath the content that will change the meta title.

Also, I would highly recommend updating to the latest version 1.1.1. there has been a significant number of fixes and features added since 1.0.4.9.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Luis

Also David I was told not to use the Memberships Plugin with Protect Content as it could cause some conflicts please see my first tickets. Is this true or should I be using both? In addition I'm entering the shortcodes above and I do not see any changes to the actual Protect Content Page. Please advise as to the exact location these shortcodes should be entered. In the actual posts themselves, or in the designated text editor in Protect Content Settings.

• Luis

Okay after learning Protect Content fully i have discovered that it is actually not functioning properly. We are trying to do something simple at this point. Restrict specific content to non-logged in users. When selecting this option and going through all proper channels even using shortcodes, when you sign in as a user PC still does not allow the users access. We really need a solution for this as this is what I purchased WPMU for, and I'm being billed monthly. Please advise, take a look, whatever. We are sampling this on the Documentaries section with the site completely open. We want to restrict this page to non-logged in users and then give them access once the either login or sign-up and then log in.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Luis,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is it the shortcode protection you're having issues with? There actually is a bug with that right now where it remains protected even when a user has the correct membership - this has been reported to the developer and will be fixed up asap!

Also David I was told not to use the Memberships Plugin with Protect Content as it could cause some conflicts please see my first tickets. Is this true or should I be using both?

David is correct, using them both would likely cause conflicts, so it's best to use one or the other and I would recommend sticking with Protected Content :slight_smile:

Please advise as to the exact location these shortcodes should be entered. In the actual posts themselves, or in the designated text editor in Protect Content Settings.

The shortcode layout I posted above should be in the actual post/page itself, is that still not working for you?

Look forward to hearing back!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Luis

Good day, I would like someone to merge the (2) support tickets because we are getting conflicting advice from support and doing what we are instructed to do is costing time and of course money with no resolution. We have purchased the plugins, paid another month of membership, and have devs we are paying to integrate this so far with no success. Can someone please look in to this that has the most knowledge about Protect Content there? We are just trying to get the following done, even if someone has to make a few adjustments to the code we would appreciate it.

Currently we would like to use this option "restricting site access from logged out users" on a few but not all areas of the site. Currently we are testing it on the "Documentaries Page" created by the admin found here. http://secretenergy.com/documentaries/
    To be clear we need to have an option to restrict this content from logged out users only until they login. I'm not sure if that has to be a membership or just a setting but nothing is working.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.