Good Morning,

Good Morning,

I really don't have a support issue as much as a question as to why I cannot get Hummingbird to stay up on my multi-site. I love the design, the look the ease of use but every time I use it, my site bogs down and eventually the memory goes sky high and I have to remove it to keep my site live. I try it again upon every update and I end up with the same issue. If you have heard similar issues from other users, please do let me know if they found a fix.

Thank you,

Stef

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stef,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I suspect that there are two issues involved.

1. The "memory goes sky high"

Hummingbird runs performance scans and during such scan it may be consuming significantly more resources. The question though is whether this is causing the server to "lock you out" or if it's "only" breaking the site down eventually. Can you tell me please if in such case you can simply login to the admin area, disable the plugin and then everything goes to normal of if you need to disable the plugin manually by renaming/removing its folder from the server?

Also, after you disable the plugin does the site immediately "gets up" or do you need to wait until server resource limits are restored?

2. You mentioned that site "breaks". Is that related to the issue above or do you mean that after enabling the plugin e.g. layout "goes wild" and/or some functions/effects on the page stop working but the site itself loads?

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• Stef

Hi,
    Thank you for your response. I usually have to delete the plug-in from the server to restore the site. As for breaking the site, my CSS tends to get wonky. My homepage might be all text rather than the design. That doesn't happen every time. This last time I thought I had it and then the server resources elevated and crashed.

Once the plug-in is removed server level it takes about 2 minutes for the site to come back up.

I can say I see a difference when it is running and I like the suggestions that I need to fix. I hope I can getting it up and running for the long term one of these days. :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stef,

Thank you for your replay.

It seems like that is indeed a server resource issue, though I'm a bit surprised I must say. I'm aware that Hummingbird in some cases may cause "spikes" in resource usage but usually it's enough to take care of WP memory limits for this and as for "CSS getting wonky" - that's usually a matter of "MInification" tweaking and/or cache settings if there's any caching plugin installed on the site.

Would you mind if I took a closer look at it? I would like to review your setup and see if I could install it for you and make it work without causing issues for the site. I would however need a full access to your server because in case anything went wrong, I would need to be able to delete plugin-in from the server. I may also need to make changes to the "wp-config.php" and/or .htaccess files etc.

If you agree, please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Please note also that while I'll be working on your site you may experience some temporary changes to it, including site going down for a few minutes (e.g. when I'll be reproducing the issue).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.