Good "referral" plugin? To send multiple emails at once

Anyone suggest any good referral plugins? I need one where a user can fill out a couple of fields including several emails and all those email addresses get the contents of the form (like a referral).

I realize I can build this pretty easily or customize something that's already out there, like Gravity Forms - but I'm looking for the best approach, as it will need to be expanded later, kind of like the Affiliate plugin.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings tbennett04,

Great Question!

Though I do not personally know of a plugin that will do this task, I do want to offer a word of caution.

When the email goes out to these referred recipients with your hosting servers header on it, with one or more spam complaints it is possible the host which shut you down and possibly permanently.

The reason why this plugin is not wide spread is probably for this very reason that spammers will almost certainly get a hold of it and manipulate it for their own gain even with Captcha.

With that said, does anybody out there know of a plugin that will do this task?

I am going to move this ticket to Feature Suggestions section.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings tbennett04,

I see you do have some precaution in mind for protecting the form that sends and this is really good of course.

However, no matter what you do with the headers or try to spoof the headers etc. When your hosting server hand shakes with a relaying server the relay gets the IP from where it is coming from.

No way to spoof it if the receiving server is set up right and confirms the senders IP.

However, one way to possibly circumvent any possible hosting shutdown or meltdown from the possibility of a spam complaint is to send it through Gmail as the sending server.

Then on delivery the email ip is recorded as Gmails giving you a buffer of a large degree. Some hosts burn hosting accounts for a single spam complaint unless it is a hack or compromise, and they will know.

Well above is the best advice I can offer you to protect yourself from this very real possibility.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.