Google Analyics Plugin multisite set up Help

Hi,

I network activated Google analytics plugin.

1. Should I paste the script also? Inside the plugin I clicked Log in With Google. It pulled the tracking Code and stats are showing.

2. How does it work for sub sites? Will sub site admin see only stats related to that sub site or for entire network? Also how does it work for Mapped Domains?

3. In future if my sub site admin wants to sign up for google analytics, can he?

4. What is the use of "Admin Page tacking" ?

Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey CatMan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

1. Should I paste the script also? Inside the plugin I clicked Log in With Google. It pulled the tracking Code and stats are showing.

This is perfectly fine.

2. How does it work for sub sites? Will sub site admin see only stats related to that sub site or for entire network? Also how does it work for Mapped Domains?

You've network activated the plugin so it should work out-of-the-box for your entire network. You should be able to track your main site as well all of the sub-sites. Sub-sites admins shouldn't be able to see entire network stats. The plugin integrates well with Domain Mapping. Just go to your

Network Admin Dashboard's "Settings" -> "Google Analytics" page and turn the "Domain Mapping" option on. You may also want to take a look at other options, for example to assign a minimal user role for users to be able to see the stats or to disallow users override settings.

3. In future if my sub site admin wants to sign up for google analytics, can he?

Sub-sites should be already included in you your Google Analitycs, unless you want this option to be a premium feature used with Pro Sites plugin.

You can find out more about setting the Google Analytics this way here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/ (usage tab)

4. What is the use of "Admin Page tacking" ?

You may or may not want to include the "admin page" (dashboard) hits in your stats. You can turn this off and on here.

I hope that helped!

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.