Google Analytics

Can anyone reccomend a Google Analytics plugin that works multi-site, but only displays settings for the admin? Thanks

• JoseffB
    • The Crimson Coder

Thought I replied to this about how I like full tags rather then backend compiles. Oh well.

I've heard both sides.

Personally
    For ads I place tags at top because I want my ad loaded as soon as possible
    For analytic I load at bottom because I want only full page loads to count.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Agreed with footer for the GA code.

Gotta admit though I stick sitewide adverts in the wp_footer as well although they can be displayed anywhere with the proper css. wp_footer is pretty much common on almost all themes. Anything else and you;re going to have to come up with a delivery method.

• JoseffB
    • The Crimson Coder

Well let me clarify, there are usually two tags with the Ads (DART/DFP here. OpenX and Adsense use a single tag approach) an initiation tag to be placed in the header and a placement tag to be placed where you want the actual tag.

I place my initiation code in the header and the placement code where they are to be presented. This two step process makes the overall site load faster. Ever notice with AdBrite that your entire column (sidebar) will not load until the ads are loaded this two step process mitigates that delay.

With the single tag models it is more efficient (in my opinion) to place code at the header or top of body then display via css placement. Honestly I think everyone should go get a free DFP account and use that. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.