Google Analytics and Pro Sites

Please clarify a couple things related to Google Analytics.
1. In order to have network tracking must Google Analytics be network activated? I am considering adding as Pro Site feature but need to understand the impact. If it is in Pro Sites do all of the subsites need to get their own tracking code or can they still use a network tracking code?
2. When network activated, the subsites still have their own settings. I assume this is so they can have their own Google Analytics account and use their own tracking ID. When this happens, do we lose these sites info from our global statistics?

• Nastia

Hello antKat , I trust all is well!

In order to track all subsites on your network, the plugin needs to be network enabled. The Network-wide tracking code will track your entire network of sub-sites. But the admins still can insert their own site tracking code if you allow it.

This option is located in network Settings > Google Analytics, set "NO" to "Allow site admins to overwrite this setting:"

For Pro Sites, you can activate id blog by blog to make it a premium plugin.

If it is in Pro Sites do all of the subsites need to get their own tracking code or can they still use a network tracking code?

If you allow it, they can see the statistics of the subsite o the dashboard. You can choose the minimum role that can see the statistics. Please see the screenshot above.

When network activated, the subsites still have their own settings. I assume this is so they can have their own Google Analytics account and use their own tracking ID. When this happens, do we lose these sites info from our global statistics?

Yes, if you are not authorized to have access from their end on Google Analytics site, you will not be able to see the statistics on the network dashboard.

Bit once you visit the subsite, the stats will be visible for super admins too.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.