Google Analytics and Supporter

I installed the google-analytics.php file in /wp-content/mu-plugins

The install.txt instructions say:
"If you're using the Supporter plugin visit the Site Admin > Supporter page to configure the Google Analytics option"

However, The Supporter page isn't showing the Google Analytics plugin?

• targetd
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I found in the Supporter Settings (/wp-admin/ms-admin.php?page=supporter&tab=settings) there is a setting: "Enable Google Analytics for supporter blogs only."

I clicked "Yes" to enable that setting.

However, the Google Analytics plugin still doesn't show up on the Premium Plugin's page (/wp-admin/ms-admin.php?page=supporter&tab=plugins)

??

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

I'll make sure the documentation get's updated to more clearly explain this.

Once you have Google Analytics setup in Supporter settings, the plugin doesn't show as a Premium Plugin because it's in the "mu-plugins" folder. It is automatically provided for supporters Under Settings>Google Analytics.

On this page each Supporter can enter in their unique analytic tracking code.

Thanks!

• targetd

> Once you have Google Analytics setup in Supporter settings, the plugin doesn't show
    > as a Premium Plugin because it's in the "mu-plugins" folder.

Generally, if you want a plugin to appear in the Premium Plugins section, should it be placed in
    /wp-content/plugins
    OR
    /wp-content/plugins/mu-plugins

?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

For it to appear in any menu for activation (whether with Supporter or otherwise) you should place it in /wp-content/plugins.

However, please verify any plugins you download from here as some require to be in the mu-plugins folder (as they're not meant to be activated on a site-by-site basis)

Thanks!

• roberte

related question. what happens when a supporter lets their subscription expire if they set up analytics as a supporter? does their analytics code disappear - no more analytics? or does it stay there, so effectively, they only have to subscribe once to get their analytics code on their sub blog? thanks in advance.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.