Google Analytics + "dailyLimitExceeded Quota error"

I am facing a problem with your Google Analytics plugin. I am using the plugin on a multisite install, and have a setup with API auth. I have never has problems before, but in recent week, the site has started to show this error:

It tells me that I have reached the quota, which I actually haven't if I look in the Google Analytics dashboard, where you can see that I have only used about 12.000 out of my limit on 50.000:

I have also tried to increase my limit, but I got the following response from Google, that tells me I haven't reached my limit yet:

This maybe telling me, that this is a plugin issue with the Google Analytics + plugin? It could seem like the plugin is having a limit of 10.000 requests per day, and not the 50.000 it should have.

Help please! This is happening to all of our blogs. You have support access.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Mathias,

I hope you are well today.

You should only be seeing this notice on blogs that do not have their own Google Analytics API project setup in them. This was due to our public API project exceeding its limit. We are working on increasing this quota.

On single site installs, there's no option to insert your own API project keys. It uses our public API project. On Multisite installs, you can define your own API project keys, and should do so.

You can see the following post for more information on how to force single site installs to use your API project keys. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/google-analytics-is-showing-daily-limit-exceeded#post-1276723

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Mathias,

I read your post prior to replying. I've also logged into your site and took a random sampling of over 20 subsites and found Google Analytics to be working on all sites sampled. No warnings were displayed.

If this issue returns, would you please edit class-google-analytics-async-dashboard.php as mentioned in my other reply and see if this resolves your issue for you?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Mathias

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for contacting us and for reporting this issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot replicate this issue on my end and on your website it seems to be fine. I would love to investigate this issue further but I need access so I can check your error logs, I got the SFTP you shared with my colleagues some time ago but I could not login with it.

Would you please share the FTP details if you have changed, you may share via our secure contact form, make the subject "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" then include the SFTP Login details in the message boy, also keep support access enabled.

With regards to the dailyLimitExceeded Quota Error, please try to adjust the "Queries per 100 seconds" and "Queries per 100 seconds per user" as shown in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4XsRAIsQO0

In the future if you wish to change the API Project keys, you can do so without modifying the plugin itself, you should use the following code pasted in your theme's functions,php or as an mu-plugin:

add_filter('ga_project_client_id', 'change_ga_project_client_id', 10, 1);
    add_filter('ga_project_client_secret', 'change_ga_project_client_secret', 10, 1);
    add_filter('ga_project_key', 'change_ga_project_key', 10, 1);

function change_ga_project_client_id( $client_id ) {
    	return "your project client ID";
    }

function change_ga_project_client_secret( $client_secret ) {
    	return "your client_secrete";
    }

function change_ga_project_key( $project_key ) {
    	return "your project key";
    }

Just remember to replace with the proper values in the 'return "";' for each of the functions.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Heather
    • Flash Drive

Hi all. Thanks for this insight. But I don't want to have to edit php files to get the plugin to work properly. I will look for a different analytics plugin until this one is working better. I like using wpmudev products when I can, but this one is too much trouble for now. I will be interested in hearing when this is fully resolved so I can come back to it. Thanks!
    Heather

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.