Google Analytics dashboard plugin 4.8.1.2 doesnt work with AP+ 1.4.8

AP+ breaks Google Analytics dashboard, how can I get this working please?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp/

You have responded in this thread below regarding the issue but it has been mentioned you're using beta libraries in your AP plugin? This was a comment made by the dev of Google Anaytics dashboard but you haven't responded back to him.

No idea if this is true or not, just need to get analytics working for my site.

Not entirely sure if this is the issue why Analytics Dashboard is broken but it works when I disable AP+. Anyhow, if you could comment on a viable solution to this issue please, that would be great?

Many thanks

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Nathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've run through the thread at wp.org and I must agree that the solution here is on Google Analytics Dashboard plugin developer's side.

Take a look at this code please:

if ( !class_exists( 'Google_Utils' ) ) {
    class Google_Utils {

This is taken out of Appointments+ code. What it does is a check if the "Google_Utils" class already exists. If it does, then it's not created.

Since both plugins do use 3rd-party libraries this is a must here and leaving class'es existence unchecked is actually against the basic OOP rules.

As much as I'd love to give you a ready-to-use solution here, I think it would be good to insist on the other plugin's developer to re-factor code and improve it.

As for outdated libraries. I think this is a good point here and I've passed it to a plugin developer so hopefully he'll take it into account upon one of the nearest update releases!

Thank you for pointing this out!

Have a nice day!
    Adam

• Nathan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

"As much as I'd love to give you a ready-to-use solution here, I think it would be good to insist on the other plugin's developer to re-factor code and improve it."

Thanks for your response Adam, I updated the developer of your comment on the issue. Hopefully we'll have a solution that works for everyone as I am not a developer and don't wish to spend my time editing lines of code to get plugins to work together.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Nathan,

Apologies for the delay on this thread.

I was trying to find a quick workaround for this and even tried Google Analytics Dashboard beta version to see if there are any improvements but no luck.

Let me ping plugin developer @Vladislav in here so he can give us some more info about this and if there is anything more we can do on our side to get this sorted out.
    Vladislav, please check this thread and Alin's answer to see if that helps:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Nathan,

I just got some feedback from the developer so wanted to bring you up to speed :slight_smile:

There are some updates pending for Appointments+ and one of them will address the issue when there are multiple plugins using same API, so after the release you shouldn't have such issues anymore.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.