[Google Analytics +] Getting and error from Google Analytics + plugin

Hi there,
We are noticing an error from the Google Analytics + plug that we are using on our website.

Below is the error logged :
Error: Uncaught exception 'Error' with message 'Call to undefined function is_plugin_active()' in /var/www/rdnap/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async-files/externals/dash-notice/wpmudev-dash-notification.php:550
in WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice4::updates_check called at /var/www/rdnap/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php (298)
in WP_Hook::apply_filters called at /var/www/rdnap/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php (323)
in WP_Hook::do_action called at /var/www/rdnap/wp-includes/plugin.php (515)
in do_action_ref_array called at /var/www/rdnap/wp-cron.php (117)

We are using the latest version of the plugin that is 3.1.6 with WordPress 4.8.2.

Could you please look into this and assist us on getting rid of this error?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks in advance for the help.

• Jim

Hi, thanks for your reply. The exact log message as shown by New Relic is attached.

As per the steps to reproduce, this is happening during a cron job in a single-site setup withot the WMUDev Dashboard plugin. I noticed with this setup WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice4::init runs and adds the WPMUDEV_Dashboard_Notice4::updates_check function to the list of scheduled jobs via wpmudev_scheduled_jobs action.

Hope that helps to reproduce the issue!

• Oguz

Hey Jim ,

Hope you're well.

We have a similar report about Google Analytics + that cause some warnings. But the error message is not same as yours. So I can't replicate the problem on my side too. I tried without Dashboard plugin but again can't replicate.

Is problem solve when you install our Dashboard plugin? If this not helps can you try plugin conflict test too? You need to deactivate all other plugins and only try with Google Analytics +. But it can cause data loss so please backup first before try.

Cheers,
    Oguz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.