Google Analytics no longer working after new verifitcation. How can I fix it^

Hello,

Google Analytics asked me to enter a new code. Part of their new sign in procedure or something. I get the code, I enter it, it says successfully signed it, then it gives me the following error message on my Dashboard (Super Admin):

Error loading data. GDatainsufficientPermissionsUser does not have sufficient permissions for this profile.

How can I see the stats once again^

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the question!

This is first time I've seen that error so far, after doing some searching it looks like it's something you can resolve from your GA account settings. As per solution here: http://ionizecms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5958#p5958

Let us know if that does the trick :slight_smile: if not we'll continue troubleshooting this with you.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Paul
    • The Incredible Plugin Injector

Thanks for getting back Tyler.

Weird. The Tracking code that is there is no where to be found on my Google Analytics account. I remember that I had to just login to my GA account instead of putting a tracking code. Thought I'd logout and log back in, but now the Login to GA account button is gone.

Do I need to create a new tracking code for the whole network?

Will I lose all the data from the past?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Yes we had to change it due to google API changes. Are you logged into the right gmail account when you click to get your access code?

You shouldn't have to create a new tracking code and you won't lose your data long as it's linked to the same GA account. Our plugin just pulls the data from there so long as the data is still on the GA side then we will pull it :slight_smile:

You can try creating a new access code by clicking the get access code button again.

Let us know if that still doesn't work then we can dig deeper into this.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Still not working. I have a few tracking codes in my GA account.

One of my subsites has a good tracking code. It asked me for the success code, I followed the instructions which is basically logging in, got the code, put it, saved and it still gives me that error message for this subsite.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Hope you're doing well today, thanks for all your patience here.

Would you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look at your settings? Then I can try to replicate the error on my site :slight_smile: it could be an issue related to certain settings.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul, just saw the notification for your response - I missed the last one :slight_frown: totally my fault. If you want me to ask another staff to help you on this then I totally understand. I will be online for the next few hours though and I'll just keep this window open and regularly check it.

You could also send the login credentials directly to me through our private contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -any other relevant urls

That will notify me directly. I know I said I would make it a priority last time and I dropped the ball :slight_frown:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Can you re-authenticate in the network Google Analytics settings?

It looks like another user actually had a similar issue and it ended up being a plugin conflict, can you try deactivating all other plugins temporarily just to make sure that isn't the case here :slight_smile: I can also do that for you if you like, just let me know.

If you want me to do it then could you send in your FTP. It's a lot easier to check for plugin conflicts through FTP by re-naming the plugins folder then creating a new folder called "plugins" and placing only the google analytics in it, that will make it the only active plugin until you move all the others back into the "plugins" folder again.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

*No need to send in WP admin since you already have support access granted :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for getting back. The issue was that the GA tracking code there did not match any of the ones on my accounts. Unfortunately I had to recreate one and start over again for all sites on the Network.

Thanks for your support, greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.