Google Analytics Not Showing Purchases

Hi, before the upgrade, google analytics was tracking all purchases. Now, it seems, purchases are no longer being tracked. Data is flowing into GA and nothing was changed in GA. Any idea what might have changed in Marketpress that may have affected this? Thank you.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Tony,

How are you doing today?

MarketPress has its own GA settings which you can use for tracking purchases, please go to Store Settings -> General -> Miscellaneous Settings and try using MarketPress built in options for Google Analytic.

Please let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Tony,

The plugin has been completely rewritten so there is a possibility that something doesn't work quite well.

I did a few tests and it appears that the option is not working properly. Let me get feedback from the developer on this one.

I'll post here as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hope all are doing well today! Not to be impatient, but we rely on Google Analytics Data to help inform our marketing efforts. Would you have any information on when this might be fixed or a new MP update might be arriving to fix some of this issues (images, table rate, taxes, etc.). Than you!

• Tony

Hi, my client wants to do several campaigns with adwords and email. They need to track conversions. Would you have any update when a fix might be implemented for this? Will it be in the next version? If so, when might that be? Thank you.

• Tony

My clients are giving me a very hard time about how long they have not been able to get reliable data from marketpress/e-commerce integration and they want me to get rid of marketpress (beyond this site) based on all of the features that this update broke and have not been fixed.

Can you please give me an idea of the timing---or I will advise accordingly. I appreciate it.

Thank you!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Tony,

I totally understand your position and I apologize for inconvenience caused by this. We're working on a big update that should address most of the issues we had with MarketPress which delayed the update for some time.

With that said I've talked to our developer in regards to the Google Analytics issue and we'll have a patch for you pretty soon (we don't usually give ETAs but it should be a matter of days) so you can fix this before the update is released.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Tony,

I've attached the zipped file that includes files that needs to be replaced on your server. Please download the file, extract it, you'll find two files in their respective folders:

-class-mp-order.php that needs to be uploaded to /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/, replace the existing file.

-class-mp-checkout.php that needs to be uploaded to /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/, also replace existing file.

Please let me know how that goes and if you run into any issues :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tony

Hi,

I uploaded the files. A customer placed an order this morning (which shows in Wordfence history and GA as checkouts) and the orders do not seem to be going through marketpress---not history of an order. I have a feeling marketpress is not processing orders on the site now. I hope you can help. When I try to place an order in sandbox mode, I get a security error so cannot test. I've granted access and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Tony,

Would you mind granting us FTP access as well so our developer can take a look? You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Tony

Hey Bojan,

Maybe I was too quick here to alert you guys...orders started flowing back this morning and the best part is ecommerce tracking is working with the patch you sent. Maybe it was even a paypal problem? In any case, thanks for all the help!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Tony,

You almost gave me a heart attack :smiley:

I don't believe this was a PayPal issue, Google Analytics usually comes with a bit of delay, sometimes this can be more then few hours, so you won't see the data immediately.

Glad to hear everything is working now :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tony

Sorry. Google Analytics seemed to be working fine. The issue is a couple of people said their orders were not going through. I looked and saw that they put the items in the cart, checked out and went to pay pal. Paypal redirected back to the site, but there were no orders recorded. But it must have been some kind of temporary glitch. Anyway, thanks a lot. We really needed this fix! Looking forward to some of the other fixes in the next release which I hope is soon. Appreciate all the help!

Tony

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.