Google Analytics Not Working - Not sure about settings.

Under Google Analytics:

Custom Google Analytics Statistics inside WordPress Dashboard

I get a dropdown arrow - but no dropdown list. It just gives me half a blue box.

I am wondering what I am not doing.

Also could someone check if the code looks right.

Thanks.

Access is open.

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

You have entered wrong Site Tracking ID. It should be something like "UA-XXXX-X", Please check attached screenshot.

Here is a nice tutorial to get correct Site Tracking ID.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Karen

Sandeep

Thanks for that.

I now have the new code installed.

One thing is that Google says to put the snippet of text on all pages you want to track. (ie Website tracking This is the Universal Analytics tracking code for this property. To get all the benefits of Universal Analytics for this property, copy and paste this code into every webpage you want to track.
    This is your tracking code. Copy and paste it into the code of every page you want to track.)

1. What if you want to track all pages? Do you have to (labouriously) add the html tracking code to every single page. Is there a way to do it automatically to ALL pages?

2. It says to put the snippet before the </head> (ie Paste your snippet (unaltered, in it’s entirety) into every web page you want to track. Paste it immediately before the closing </head> tag.)...but there is no </head> on the WP pages (that I can see).

Is it OK to just put it at the end of the html text on each page I want to track?

Thanks.

• Rahul Verma

Hello @Karen,

Thanks for posting back.

What if you want to track all pages? Do you have to (labouriously) add the html tracking code to every single page. Is there a way to do it automatically to ALL pages?

In wordpress, it's super easy to install google anlaytics tracking code on all Pages. We have a nice tutorial here to install google analytics on wordpress site for you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-add-google-analytics-to-wordpress-in-under-60-seconds/

Is it OK to just put it at the end of the html text on each page I want to track?

That's ok if you put it at the bottom of the page but It should be before </body> tag. Though I'd recommended you to go through our tutorial and you'll have a complete idea about google analytic installation on wordpress based website.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.