Google Analytics Plugin Shows Different Stats In Month View Than 3 Month View

Hello!

A client noticed and pointed this out to me, but I've confirmed its the same on several different sites I manage. On the Statistics admin page, if you look at the stats for a single date, the numbers are different if you're looking at the Month View than if you're looking at the 3 Month View. More importantly, both are different than the stats I see when I look on Google Analytics directly.

Thanks,
ilana

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello ilanabit

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've just tested this on one of my dev sites where I've been running GA+ for about 2yrs. Indeed, what is reported in WP Admin is not consistent and does not match my Analytics Dashboard.

I'm reporting this issue to our Dev Team as a confirmed bug so that they can dig into this issue further. An update will be published as soon as a fix is available for this issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello ilanabit

I've consulted with the lead dev on this project and he's explained to me that the primary issue here is in the wording and presentation. The data points are as correct as possible with the Google API (there's some delay and caching, of course), but the issue is in how we're presenting those data points. They're a little confusing. He's taken this feedback into consideration and will be making the presentation much clearer in a future release.

We're terribly sorry for the delay here. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello ilanabit

Basically, the problem right now is that GA+ is labeled in such a way that the data points are a little confusing. For example:

3 month view represents weeks
    Month represents days
    Year represents months

Our team is currently working on an update that will better label the data points and make it much clearer what is actually what.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.