Google analytics+ site wise data

Hi,

I have installed GA+ plugin and using a single GA account (profile) for whole network.

Now, for each site in the network I can see GA data in their respective admin dashboard. But I’ve not been able to figure out how to get site specific data in GA account itself. Since I’m using a single GA profile for whole network, I assume by default it will display data for all the sites?

P.S. Network is also using WPMU Dev’s domain mapping plugin to map full domains for each install (instead of subdomains).

Thanks.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Adal,

Yes, finding how to filter the stats in google analytics isn't too easy. Try this:

Go to "Admin" in the google analytics menu then select "Filters".

I've attached a few screenshots to illustrate how we could setup the filters for subdirectory or subdomain installs.

Or, since you are domain mapping, then you can try using the domain mapped domain in the hostname.

Another option would be setting up different tracking codes for each site.

Let me know if that does the trick for you :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,

Tyler

• adaldesign
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks.

I guess I’ll have to create a filter for each domain? But does that also mean that in order to view the filtered stats I’ll have a create a separate “view” (to which the filter will be applied) for each domain?

I also noticed that Google only offers 25 “views” per “property”. So, keeping one as unfiltered, I can only add upto 24 domain specific filtered views.

EDIT: Does the hostname require backslash to escape the dot in URL? As mentioned in this article https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034332

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Adal,

Sorry about that, yes you will need to escape the dot – nice catch :slight_smile:

That’s right you would have to create a filter and view for each domain. I’m not really sure why Google doesn’t have an easier way to separate these. I sort of feel like I just haven’t found it yet, but based on what I’ve read and done, that’s the best way to do it with only one tracking code.

Alternatively you can go to each individual site in your admin as we split up the stats per site. So each dashboard only displays the stats for that specific site. Although I’m guessing the issue you are running into there is that you want to see more stats.

Pulling in other stats is something I could mark as a feature request if that was the case – are there particular ones you would want to see pulled in with the plugin?

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,

Tyler

• adaldesign
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The solution was to edit /wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async-files/class-google-analytics-async-dashboard.php on line 679:

$url = domain_mapping_siteurl(); // todo.adal : replaced this: // method_exists($dm_map, ‘domain_mapping_siteurl’:wink: ? $dm_map->domain_mapping_siteurl(home_url()) : home_url();

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.