Google Analytics subsite tracking for multisite networks

I have a question about Google Analytics for sub sites.

If I install Google Analytics+ on the network, I want each individual sub site to track their own stats. If the plugin can track the whole network, how does it split the traffic for all the subsites and display those stats on each subsites dashboard?

I think I have it down correctly on my staging server for Jazzboo.com, but want to make sure I’m doing it right.

• Korak
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

+1 to this question. I’m curious about this. In particular the options for displaying the individual site stats to the admins of that site as well as generating a custom report that is emailed to each site owner. Thanks!

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Anthony ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

You can have individual reports when individual Site Tracking Code is added to each subsite.

If the plugin can track the whole network, how does it split the traffic for all the subsites and display those stats on each subsites dashboard?

With individual tracking codes, added to each subsite’s WP Admin > Settings > Google Analytics. For the network tracking, you will need to add

Network-wide Tracking Code in your WP Admin > Network > Settings > Google Analytics.

Korak , please start your own topic for the report emailing.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.