Google analytics tracking and IP anonymization

I have two questions:
1. How do I make your plugin to be legally ok to be used in Germany? Meaning, I need the plugin to send anonymized IP's to Google because the data will be stored in EU and must be anonymized.
2. I Need a Cookie opt-out option in case someone does not want to be tracked, per click the user should be able to opt out from tracking. How do I do that with your plugin?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Vlad,

Hope you're doing well.

About your question...

1. How do I make your plugin to be legally ok to be used in Germany? Meaning, I need the plugin to send anonymized IP's to Google because the data will be stored in EU and must be anonymized.

Enabling "IP Anonymization" option from Settings > Google Analytics panel will do this for you.

2. I Need a Cookie opt-out option in case someone does not want to be tracked, per click the user should be able to opt out from tracking. How do I do that with your plugin?

I'm afraid that GA+ doesn't have this option at this moment and something like that would require custom coding.
    If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

It does look like useful addition so I will move your thread to our features and feedback section and our developers can consider adding such option in future.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.