Google API Console has been updated

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the google calendar integration with Appoitments+ and the step by step instructions you provide are outdated. Google has since then updated their console platform. And they've also renamed some things. So I don't know which is which for sure.

Can you please help me?

Which is the Key file name?
Which is the Service account email address?
Which is the "Calendar to be used"?

Because what Google API console is calling things and what you're calling things are different. They now call it:

Client ID: 763274984553-kji7997rk2jlhbvnq3ia435vihsp06nq.apps.googleusercontent.com
Client Secret: ************************

I'm sending you a screen shot so you can see, it's completely different. There's no direct Google Calendar API integration on and off switch. I enabled Google Calendar API integration. I set up OAuth 2.0 credentials but it's asking me for an application type:

Application type
Web application
Android Learn more
Chrome App Learn more
iOS Learn more
PlayStation 4
Other

If you could please help me with this that would be greatly appreciated

• Mike

I've been trying to solve this issue myself. It seems from what I see, it needs to be set up as a "Service Account" So I've done that, I've uploaded the downloaded file via FTP. And I copied the file name and pasted it into my settings page, it's different though... here's the name: Appointments-230ff89d46bf.p12

I removed the .p12 like it says. I'm still getting an error "[Appointments+] Test failed. Please inspect your log for more info"

Here's the screen shot of what that service account API looks like on my google console platform:

• Milan

Hello @Mike,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Yes you are right that steps described in plugin are differ because google developer console UI has been improved a lot. But mostly steps are same only some keyword and things placed in different locations.

So first let me clear your confusion by proper set of steps. Please follow below steps to make sure you've something ready to know your question's answers. :slight_smile:

#1) Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com
    #2) Login to site if you are not logged in already.
    #3) Now see first attached screenshot to know from where you can create new project.
    #4) Now click on section marked by second screenshot to enable google calendar api. Search for term "calendar" and click on link from the list which says "calendar API"
    #5) Now Enable that API, As soon as you enable calendar API, one popup will open and say you to create credentials. Click on button "Go to Credentials" as shown in attached screenshot.
    #6) Now Give some basic info, select plateform "Web Browser" and data access to "User Data"
    #7) Create Client ID( this will require in future so make sure you keep it handy )
    #8) After this much process you should have client id created and ready to be use, now follow steps shown in 4th attached screenshot to generate key file( answer of your first question )
    #9) Select key type P12 and generate key file. Once you have this key file you'll need to paste it to /wp-content/plugins/appointments//includes/gcal/key folder.

Rest steps are same.

Now let me answer your questions.

Which is the Key file name?

Once you complete above steps, you'll have one key file downloaded to your pc, that file name is key file name.

Which is the Service account email address?

While creating service key, you'll be asked to enter project name, it will be appended to somekind of auto generated id which you can later see by navigating to Console Left panel > Permission > Service Account

Which is the "Calendar to be used"?

Once you've setup all the details, you'll need to create calendar from your google calendar service which you can find at https://calendar.google.com. Once you create calendar you can see its id by editing its settings as shown in attached screenshot. On calendar settings page under entry Calendar Address you'll see your calendar id.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.