Google & Bing site verification code

Hello guys, I have installed Infinite SEO as the our multisite (3.8.1) network Super Admin. I have added define( 'WDS_SITEWIDE', false ); to wp-config.php. I am also the admin of the main site.

I am not clear on how to configure the plugin. Do you suggest me to configure the plugin in Network Admin > Setting > Infinite SEO or in Main Site > Settings > Infinite SEO?

Particularly, I am not sure on Step 2 and 4. Google and bing verification codes, meta and Moz secret Key and access ID.

For example, Step 2 - Sitemaps: Google verification code. I have verified the main site using Google Analytics method

(For your info, I have the UA- tracking code from Google Analytics which I have used to configure Google Analytics plugin by WPMUDEV, which I have enabled site-bi-site.)

Do I also have to put the tracking code in the Google site verification code text box as described in the Infinite SEO guide? If yes, where? In Network Admin > Setting > Infinite SEO or in Main Site > Settings > Infinite SEO

5. You can enter your Google & Bing site verification codes in the first fields of the Search Engine options. For more on how and why to do that, click below:

Google site verification.
Bing site verification.

Step 4 - MOZ: same as above where do I put the ID and the key? In Network Admin > Setting > Infinite SEO or in Main Site > Settings > Infinite SEO

Finally, do I have to put the tracking code in the head of my main site theme, as suggested by Google tutorial?

Thank you for your support.
Regards, thefixer

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @thefixer,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

As your allowing per site settings, you'd need to place your moz keys bing verification codes in the main site > settings > infinite SEO :slight_smile:

Which is also where the Google Analytics should be setup, if you're using Google Analytics, you could try using our Google Analytcis+ plugin :slight_smile:

Finally, do I have to put the tracking code in the head of my main site theme, as suggested by Google tutorial?

You would need to do that to verify the site with Google Webmaster tools yes :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• thefixer

Jack, thank you.

Which is also where the Google Analytics should be setup, if you're using Google Analytics, you could try using our Google Analytcis+ plugin :slight_smile:

Finally, I am using Google Analytics by WPMUDEV. It's great!
    I have activated the plugin site-by-site but the plugin settings appear in Network Admin dashboard!

Do I have to put the Google verification code in Network Admin > Setting > Google Analytics as well as in Main Site > Setting > Google Analytics??

Thank you for your support.

regards, thefixer

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @thefixer,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

Finally, I am using Google Analytics by WPMUDEV. It's great!
    I have activated the plugin site-by-site but the plugin settings appear in Network Admin dashboard!

Do I have to put the Google verification code in Network Admin > Setting > Google Analytics as well as in Main Site > Setting > Google Analytics??

If the plugin is network activated, you can set the tracking ID in the network admin, to track all the sites and you can still use separate UA tracking ID on a site by site basis in each sites wp-admin > settings > Google Analytics, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• thefixer

Jack thank you

If the plugin is network activated, you can set the tracking ID in the network admin, to track all the sites

The plugin is activated network wide. A bit of history first.
    - I am the network super admin
    - I am the admin of mysite.com
    - I have one UA- code. The main site is verified using google analytics method.

I want to monitor the whole network as well as mysite.com. Where do I put the one UA- code?

you can still use separate UA tracking ID on a site by site basis in each sites wp-admin > settings > Google Analytics, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Our users will decide on whether to create and use their UA code, I suppose. In that case, do I have to add the tracking code script to all users' subsites' themes header, after they have created a new UA code?

Please advise, thank you.

Regards, thefixer

• thefixer

Jack please ignore previous post. thank you

If the plugin is network activated, you can set the tracking ID in the network admin, to track all the sites

- I am the admin of mysite.com (the main site)
    - I have one UA- code. The main site (mysite.com) is verified using google analytics method.

I want to monitor the whole network as well as mysite.com. Where do I put the one UA- code?

you can still use separate UA tracking ID on a site by site basis in each sites wp-admin > settings > Google Analytics, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Our users will create subsites: for example mysite.com/siteabc, mysite.com/sitexsw, etc. They will decide on whether to create and use their UA- code, I suppose. In that case, do I have to add the tracking code script to all users' subsites' themes header, after they have created a new UA code, as I have done for the main site (mysite.com)?

Please advise, thank you.

Finally, in network admin > settings > google analytics plugin the setting says: Minimum role or capability to view Google Analytics Statistics inside WordPress Dashboard Is the choice (eg. admin, editor, ect) for the main site and subsites?

Regards, thefixer

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @thefixer,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

- I am the admin of mysite.com (the main site)
    - I have one UA- code. The main site (mysite.com) is verified using google analytics method.

You would set the UA code in the network admin and you the radio button to track the sub sites :slight_smile:

Our users will create subsites: for example mysite.com/siteabc, mysite.com/sitexsw, etc. They will decide on whether to create and use their UA- code, I suppose. In that case, do I have to add the tracking code script to all users' subsites' themes header, after they have created a new UA code, as I have done for the main site (mysite.com)?

This wouldn't be needed with our Google Analytics plugin, they can just create their analytics profile and add that in the wp-admin > settings > google analytics.

Finally, in network admin > settings > google analytics plugin the setting says: Minimum role or capability to view Google Analytics Statistics inside WordPress Dashboard Is the choice (eg. admin, editor, ect) for the main site and subsites?

That's correct :slight_smile: The minimum role required to view the statistics :slight_smile:

Any issues I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• thefixer

Jack, thank you. All done.

However, there are a few new issues now. I have added the UA code to wp-admin-settings>Infite SEO (network activated) and I have noticed that a meta tag has been added, despite the plugin set up page says the opposite.
    before adding UA- code http://snag.gy/Ctz1M.jpg
    After http://snag.gy/pnjLe.jpg

Also, google support told me to remove the tag because the site is verified using Google analytics.

Now, on the Google analytics plugin front:
    I have noticed that when trying to look at the stats from network admin>dashboard>statistics the page freezes up and buffers, and not stats are shown.

See image with red arrow http://snag.gy/Nu63A.jpg

Also, this is the view from network admin>dashboard http://snag.gy/IlNs1.jpg

Finally, when I click log with Google account, I get the following warning: it says that it will re-direct Google analytics to our site http://snag.gy/Bfb2i.jpg

Please advise. Thank you for your support so far.
    Regards, thefixer

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.