Google Calendar API Settings don't match

Hi !

I am trying to configure Google Calendar API so i can import events from there.
But the configurations listed there (key file name and Service account email address) are different from the new Google Calendar API (v2 i think).
Key file name is now in json not in p12 extension format. I tried to use json, when i test connection it says that key file does not exist.
What can i do to workaround this? Do you have new documentation for this, instead of the steps on the Google Calendar tab on Settings Appointments?

Thanks and regards!

• Carlos Ribeiro

Thanks!
    Now it worked!
    But i have two issues, one still related:
    1) I have test the export to calendar, and it showed correctly on my calendar. I now created on Google Calendar and try to import, and it shows that 2 events were successfully imported, but when i go to "Appointments" tab it doesn't show. Why?

2) I want to show the calendar on frontend only with appointments that already created to the user can book them too (with a capacity limit) - how can i achieve this? Now, it's showing all time schedule to book. I want that only existing appointments are able to book.

Thanks and regards!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Carlos,

Awesome, glad to hear that helped :slight_smile:

After you have imported appointment from calendar you can see it by going to all appointments and switching to Reserved By Gcal

2) I want to show the calendar on frontend only with appointments that already created to the user can book them too (with a capacity limit) - how can i achieve this? Now, it's showing all time schedule to book. I want that is possible to book an existing appointment.

I'm not sure I understand this part completely, could you elaborate a bit more what are you looking to accomplish, maybe include workflow example? :slight_smile:
    You might want to check Appointments > Shortcodes and Appointments > FAQ pages in your admin section and see if there's something in there that will help you with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Carlos Ribeiro

Thanks once again Pedrag - 1 is solved too!

About the second issue, let me explain what i need. I have a gym class, and want to users only to book (appoint) the existing classes. So i need to show the week calendar only with the availability of the gym classes (services) only, and not all the working hours of the teacher (service providers). How can i do that?
    If not possible to show on a calendar, it's possible to list it all instead of a calendar?

Thanks and regards!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Carlos,

You can use shortcode like this to show weekly calendar for specific service:
    [app_schedule service="12"]
    Just replace 12 with the ID of your desired service.

Explanation about multiple appointments for same appointment is explained in Appointments > FAQ page, to quote from there:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?
    Please note that Appointments+ is designed for one-to-one appointments, that is, one service provider serving a single client at a time and to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this: a) Use dummy service providers b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:
    function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
    return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );
    This filter will NOT work if there is a single provider giving the selected service. Please also note that this is a kind of "hack" and when you have more than one service provider, this function may not work as expected in regards to working hours, as "virtual" providers will not be bound to working hours of existing providers.

Let us know if you have any followup questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.