Google Calendar Export - Appointments+

I am trying to export appointments to Google Calendar. I pressed the Export and Update Events to GCal Now link. The export seems to get stuck. Only show this message forever: Preparing for export, please hold on...

This worked earlier. Is there a way to start it up again? Maybe clear some cache?

• Michael Bissett

Hey Jan Rune Colin Strander,

Have you tried resetting the API credentials, via the "Reset API Credentials" button at the bottom left of that page? If you do that, and then re-enter the API details from your app, you should be able to access your calendars again.

Though I should ask, if you were to visit the Google API Console:

https://console.developers.google.com/

And check out the credentials for the project you set up for this, in the "OAuth 2.0 client IDs" section, is the type set to "Other"? Or is it the old "Service account client"?

If it's the latter, then after resetting the API details within Appointments+, you'll need to set up a new set of oAuth 2.0 details, there's a slideshow handy that'll walk you though the necessary steps to create these new details. :slight_smile:

If the type for the details is set to "Other", though, then we'll want to have a deeper look. In that case, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include Google Account log-in details (username & password; that, and I'll need the recovery email address for the account, it's going to give me a security question when it comes time to log in)
    -- The reason for needing this in particular is so that I can see how you've got your app set up, and so that I can test with it over on your site.
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey Jan Rune Colin Strander, thanks for sending those details in! :slight_smile:

I saw that the Google Calendar API hadn't been enabled for the app, I've enabled that now, and am finding myself able to sign in with it, and see the list of calendars available for syncing with.

I saw that there were two versions of the calendars that had the same name of your subsites (the 2nd version having NY in the title), so I've left of assigning them myself. Can you confirm on your end that you're able to assign calendars now?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jan Rune Colin Strander

You wrote: Can you confirm on your end that you're able to assign calendars now?

Yes, I can confirm that I am able to assign calendars. Thank you.

I have a question about Export and Update Events to GCal. When I press export it starts with this information: 0/83 exported. After a few seconds this information go away and when I check the google calendar it has only exported 2 or 3 events. Is there a delay in the export or is there something wrong? This happens to both sites.

• Michael Bissett

Found I had to update to the latest version in order to see the Export button again (only on your site, though), but I do see what you mean here. It'll go through the first 5 records, and then what should be the next appointment record is actually just an empty entry, which causes the export process to quit.

I've not been able to reproduce this over on my own test site, but I do know it's not related to a conflict between another plugin, or the theme. I'll need to escalate this to our second level support staff, as this'll require some deeper troubleshooting.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Hi. After your update of the newest Appointments+ our site went down. It causes a 508 Resource Limit Is Reached error.
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

When we check our logs it points directly to Appointments+.

Part of log:
    [29-Apr-2016 13:48:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/class-app-gcal-api-manager.php on line 0
    [29-Apr-2016 15:08:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/Http/REST.php on line 110
    [29-Apr-2016 16:38:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/Http/REST.php on line 110
    [29-Apr-2016 16:43:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/Http/REST.php on line 110
    [29-Apr-2016 16:44:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/class-app-gcal-api-manager.php on line 0
    [29-Apr-2016 16:44:58 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/Http/REST.php on line 110
    [29-Apr-2016 17:46:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/IO/Curl.php on line 0
    [29-Apr-2016 17:49:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/perfenrq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/external/google/IO/Curl.php on line 119

Do you have an idea about what is causing this to happen, and how to stop it from flooding the system.

• Michael Bissett

What was happening around the time that this occurred? Were you trying to export appointments at that time?

I ask because I'm not seeing that it's happening right now (though I do see that the API details have been removed for the /lillehammer site).

I've taken the liberty of re-uploading a fresh copy of Appointments+, just in case something didn't go quite right when I'd updated previously.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Hi.

We had to turn off the Google Export function, It started to delete bookings.

We have another issue now since the new update. The website is using a Wordpress multisite, and the Lillehammer pages are sending email confirmations as usual, but the Ski pages are not. I have checked and Wordpress is sending email, so it is an appointments+ issue.

Our log confirms that Lillehammer mails are sendt. Ski mails does not appear in log.

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Jan Rune Colin Strander ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

Regarding the deleted GCal appointments, we had similar complaints and have a fix that we can implement on your site. It should be integrated in the next release, but we can make it work until then as well. Please specify for which site you would like it implemented.

If the site <yourURL>/backup/ski is the one that is causing issues, please update to the latest version of A+. There were many fixes, including ones regarding proper emails and log records.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.