Google Calendar Gcal integration setup for appointment +

Hi team,
We have a multisite network. We have appointment + installed and enabled on one of our client sites. This client would like to sync appointments automatically with their Google Calendar. What are the necessary steps to achieve this? We looked through your docs and the videos but the videos are old and the docs do not quite explain what needs to be done and the server requirements needed. I have attached a snippet of what we see right now in Appointment + Google calendar Tab. The button "Generate your access code" gives an error (also attached). Please advise on how to proceed. You have been granted support access. Contact me to get the site information privately. Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Natalie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The main error that you are getting suggests that the wrong kind of authentication has been selected while creating app in Google Console.

To fix this please first go to the "Appointments -> Settings -> Google Calendar" page in your site's back-end and use the "Reset API" button at the bottom of the page to remove current configuration. This will let you set it up again.

Then please visit your Google Developer's console and either create a new app or edit existing one (that you created for the plugin) and make sure that:

- Calendar API is enabled
    - in credentials section:

a) "OAuth client ID" is selected
    b) then an "Application type" is set to "Other"

- then when you are copying client ID and client secret double-check that no spaces has been copied at the start and the end of each of these codes; for some reason Google ads these spaces (blank characters) sometimes and they got copied to plugin settings;

Once this is done, give it another try and let me know if that worked for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Natalia

Thanks a lot for the instructions Adam,
    I will try it and get back to you later today with our results. This is for a client. Should we set the API with the client's own Google account or can we use our Google account?
    The client wants to automatically see their appointments on their own Google calendar so we are wondering if this requires the API to be configured under their own Google account. Please advise so we can proceed with the setup as per your instructions above.
    Kind regards,
    Natalie

• Milan

Hello Natalie,

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

You could go two ways,

#1) You set up your own GCal there and share calendar with your client
    #2) You setup client's GCal.

According to me, second option is more suitable because in our this case client is the one who is going to manage his/her appointments. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.