Google Calendar Integration in Events+ Plugin

Hi there,

Is it possible to integrate Google Calendar sync with this plugin. Many clients want a plugin which allows them to display events on their site based on information entered on their google calendar, otherwise they are having to maintain two separate lists. It seems there is a gap in the market for this feature, as I can only find one such example, and it is lacking many of the features your plugin has. It is here.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings PROPAGANDA,

Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.

Your feature request is acknowledged and not only will I alert the lead developer of the Events + plugin of the feature request, I shall also move it to the Feature Requests section.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member and for your great feedback and suggestion.

Cheers, Joe

• Max M.
    • Flash Drive

Hi people!

+1 (I’d better say +1000 lol) on this topic, G Calendar integration would be a key feature for me. I totally agree with PROPAGANDA.

People want it. Badly. Or at least, I do. :slight_smile:

Best would be a total sync capability, both in writing and reading events.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I’d just like to note that, since v1.4, it is possible to export events and event archives in iCal format, which can be imported into Google Calendar. While this is quite a far cry from a decent integration, perhaps it’s something that can be usable right now. In the meanwhile, the Google Calendar integration is definitely a very, very nice idea and it’s something that will most likely find its way into the plugin.

• Max M.
    • Flash Drive

I’d just like to note that, since v1.4, it is possible to export events and event archives in iCal format, which can be imported into Google Calendar.

Not only it’s usable, it’s good.

But, honestly, I’d rather write events and todos on Google, which I (maybe naively?) consider more stable and reliable than my WP installation. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, now we have

WP –> Google

which is quite good.

If we had

Google –> WP

well, THAT would be great!

the Google Calendar integration is definitely a very, very nice idea and it’s something that will most likely find its way into the plugin.

Great, please do it the “WPMU Dev way”… surprise us with something great!

Speaking of which, did I say that I’m appreciating your plugins VERY much?

The Elite plan has a great value!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings demorden,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for your input which is absolutely appreciated as well as the compliments.

I am sure the lead developer has his eyeball on this ticket and will certainly consider your proposal about Google to WP as well.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• catalyst
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Just a note regarding the Google import and export feature requests in this thread, that’s now available with the plugin’s add-ons for Google Import and Export as well as iCal export.

I see a lot of fading topics not ending with a clear resolution so I hope this helps for this thread.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.