Google Cloud - Multisite with or without Bitnami

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about hosting a client's WP Multisite on Google Cloud. But they propose 2 options:
WordPress Multisite - estimated cost is $24.67/month
WordPress Multisite Certified by Bitnami - estimated cost is $14.20/month
I do not understand why the Bitnami version is cheaper and I don't even understand what's so special about the Bitnami version. I assume it is a pre-installed package which is monitored against treats and such... But I'm not sure.

Does anyone of you has experience with one of the versions or is anyone able to explain a bit more about this?
Much appreciated !
Thanks,

• viobru

Hi, Michael!

Hope you’re doing great and thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I’m not very familiar with the Bitnami package so I've directly gone to Google Cloud platform to check if there was any significant difference between both services and I’ve found that the main difference in cost for the 2 services is related to the type of VM instances offered in each one. As you can see, while WordPress Multisite package runs “VM instance: 1 vCPU + 3.75 GB memory (n1-standard-1)”, WordPress Multisite Certified by Bitnami is running “VM instance: 1 shared vCPU + 1.7 GB memory (g1-small)”.

Depending on your client’s needs, you should choose one or another (n1-standard-1 or g1-small). Here you can find the details of each type of vCPU: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/machine-types

And you can see a comparison between them from VPS Benchmarks here:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.