Google CSE not displaying results

Hi,

I've installed and configured the plugin as instructions follow but I don't get search results on any kind and google displays the popular searches on their website.

Site:

https://www.breatel.com/demoliquidambar/

Also I got a question on the google analytics plugin, I got to authorise the plugin on the settings options and a part from that also need to paste the tracking code before the closing header tag? In order to get the data.

Thanks

Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Alejandro Villanueva,

Hope you're doing well today

I've installed and configured the plugin as instructions follow but I don't get search results on any kind and google displays the popular searches on their website.

From looks of it this might be something misconfigured while custom search was created on google, would you mind granting support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also I got a question on the google analytics plugin, I got to authorise the plugin on the settings options and a part from that also need to paste the tracking code before the closing header tag? In order to get the data.

Once you setup your plugin and enter tracking code in plugin field there is no need to modify your theme by adding the code again. If you are having issues with setting this up I suggest opening new thread regarding this issue as it will help us have better track of everything.
    You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Alejandro Villanueva

Thanks Predrag,

I've rebranded the plugins and configured them as as a product for a client, and I think I did all the job we'll, there is a demo site with the plugin installed and configured here you can have access to it

EDIT: Please don't leave login details in thread as it is public and visible by other members.

As for the google analytics as you'll see there is a tracking code on the settings page but I've added the code on the header.php because the google site told me nothing when I had the code only in the setting section, and after applying it to the header closing tab it said Tracking Installed.

Let me know if you find the mistake.

Thanks.

Predrag Dubajic

Login details you provided (I removed them as the forum is public) don't give me access to check your settings, you can grant me access by installing WPMU DEV Dashboard on the site and then granting me support access through that plugin.

I've rebranded the plugins and configured them as as a product for a client, and I think I did all the job we'll, there is a demo site with the plugin installed and configured here you can have access to it

Did you try with the original plugins just to be sure there weren't any mistakes during those changes?

As for the google analytics as you'll see there is a tracking code on the settings page but I've added the code on the header.php because the google site told me nothing when I had the code only in the setting section, and after applying it to the header closing tab it said Tracking Installed.

If you can grant me support access I will be happy to check this as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Alejandro Villanueva

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for the response.

Yesterday late night I remove admin access to that user and changed to subscriber because I thought about the forum as well, sorry about that.

As for the CSE component I removed from the product since my client was pushing me with an early release, and intead I added the Infinite SEO component. The Goggle Analythics its getting the data now, so its all working fine there.

I'lll make a new intall with a clean copy of the CSE for testing pruposes to get an Idea of what went wrong. Whether it was misconfiguration or I screw the plugin during the rebranding.

I got two more questions that were killing me and I havent found a clear and reliable solution.

First: On the demo site and generally all demo sites that I need to configure to test themes and plugins, I need to give admin access to all the potential clietns and It's obvious that it can lead to something bad. I was reading that its nedded to create a Sandbox to enable everyone to use the test site and if one makes changes like (changing the demouser password) wont affect the other users and still be working live.

How its that possible? I mean, Create a demo site with admin access for fully testing. Or it can't be done?

Second: I coded a plugin and I wanted to know how can I handle the Updates, In that part I'm a complete newbie, I know that some people just uploaded to wordpress.org and manage it from there but I'm gonna distribute it thorught other plataforms and marketplaces.

Thanks again.

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Alejandro,

Sorry to hear you were unable to find a solution within the plugin.
    Let us know if we can help you with this on your testing site.

First: On the demo site and generally all demo sites that I need to configure to test themes and plugins, I need to give admin access to all the potential clietns and It's obvious that it can lead to something bad. I was reading that its nedded to create a Sandbox to enable everyone to use the test site and if one makes changes like (changing the demouser password) wont affect the other users and still be working live.

Here is my suggestion for this, create Multisite network and create one subsite which you will be presenting to your clients. Now you can either use Pro Sites and New Blog Templates so that users can create their own sub site using your customized one as a template and it will get all the settings from that site so users can go in, make the changes and your original template will still be the same.
    Or you can setup one sub site just as mentioned before and then use Cloner plugin to make a clone for each of your clients to test it on.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/cloner/

Second: I coded a plugin and I wanted to know how can I handle the Updates, In that part I'm a complete newbie, I know that some people just uploaded to wordpress.org and manage it from there but I'm gonna distribute it thorught other plataforms and marketplaces.

This would require some additional coding and unfortunately goes beyond our scope of support.
    Maybe this article could help you out:
    http://w-shadow.com/blog/2010/09/02/automatic-updates-for-any-plugin/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Alejandro Villanueva

Thanks Predrag,

I'll got the demo up and running. As for the article I'll check it out. One las question that wen to notice today, in slow internet connection, I get the WP default CSS loaded first,

I use the fuction

function liquidambar_dashboard() {

wp_enqueue_style( 'dashboard.css', plugins_url('/styles/dashboard.css', __FILE__), false, '1.0.0', 'all');

}
    add_action('admin_head', 'liquidambar_dashboard');
    add_action('wp_head', 'liquidambar_dashboard');

Lo call the custom css to override the WP defaults, bu how can avoid the WP default css to load first than the customized version.

Predrag Dubajic

Try using this code to enqueue custom CSS file, that should do the trick:

function liquidambar_dashboard() {
            wp_register_style( 'dashboard_css', plugins_url('/styles/dashboard.css', __FILE__), false, '1.0.0' );
            wp_enqueue_style( 'dashboard_css' );
    }
    add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'liquidambar_dashboard' );

You can also use our Ultimate Branding to add custom admin CSS styles
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Best regards,
    Predrag