Google Developer console different

How to configure google calendar API with the plugin? The google developer console is very different from the instruction given in the settings page for integration.

Could it be because the instructions are based on the old interface of Google Developer console? Please help.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello mayankjain,

Yes, instructions are bit out dated, but you should be able to still set all those things. Can you tell me what exact steps you have trouble with (then I can prepare links or screenshots)?
    I was able to configure gCal connection today with this instruction so despite this looks different its complete.
    I believe it will be updated soon for new console.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Pieter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Same problem – I can't get it to connect. Here is what I'm doing:

I go into the Developer Console. Enable the Calendar API. I click on Credentials in the left menu then I select New Credentials, I select Services Account Key. I select App Engine Default Service Account in the next screen, key type P12. Hit create, file downloads, upload that to the designated directory via ftp. I enter the key file name in Appointments+.

Next I'm supposed to copy the email address, but I don't see this anywhere. Is this the email address for the google account email?

I'm able to complete the rest of the instructions without issue.

When testing the connection it says failed – I'm guessing the initial procedure with the developer console is wrong. Help.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello mayankjain,

Please follow Pieter instructions as they are correct

I click on Credentials in the left menu then I select New Credentials, I select Services Account Key. I select App Engine Default Service Account in the next screen, key type P12. Hit create, file downloads, upload that to the designated directory via ftp. I enter the key file name in Appointments+.

I'm uploading screens for this process. When you select your app, you will see that there is field for service name - I just insert there "my appointments" or name that will easily help to identify service account email later.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Pieter,

Next I'm supposed to copy the email address, but I don't see this anywhere. Is this the email address for the google account email?

This email address you will find in Permissions -> Service accounts. Please see screens (Permissions are hide in left top menu).

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.