Google Drive 401. That’s an error. Error: invalid_client The OAuth client was not found.

I have tried to setup Google Drive for Snapshot pro. I have a number of websites, each with their own Google Drives.

The google drive instructions are appallingly out of date on your Snapshot documentation.

Have attempted various steps / settings, etc. to get at least 1 of my websites actually to authorize a Google Drive (step 3 on the add a destination screen). NOT 1 will authorize.

Every one comes up with the error:
401. That’s an error.

Error: invalid_client

The OAuth client was not found.
-----------------
Could someone please write the step by step instructions for the entire Google Drive process.

Sajid

Hello 247web,
    Hope you are doing good today

I followed the instructions listed in the snapshot Google Drive Configuration screen and could setup it up easily by following the exact steps. There was only one step that was not listed in the step, that is adding the name in consent screen before creating the OAuth 2.0 Client ID.

However, I am writing the steps with screenshots to create a new project and configuring it for snapshot google drive destination.

1. Go to Google Project Console page and create a new project.

2. In the popup give it a name, any name you like.

3. Enable the Drive API from API Manager (you should be automatically be redirected to this page while creating new project).

4. Once the API is enabled, click on Credentials link on the same API manger page.

5. Here you may see the notice of adding the name to project before creating the OAuth keys. Click on configure consent screen button.

Since, I can only attach 5 images with one thread, please continue reading the next post reply.

Sajid

6. Give the project a name, any name again and save changes.

7. You should be redirected to Credentials page. But if no then click on Credentials Page again as you did in step 4 and select OAuth Client ID from the dropdown of Create credentials button.

8. Select Web application from the options and copy the Redirect URI from snapshot google drive destination configuration page to Authorised redirect URIs field.

9. Click on the create button and copy the Client ID and Client Secret from popup and paste back in Google Drive Destination page on your WordPress website.

10. Make sure you save the form in Google Drive Destination page on your WordPress site, Authorize the API and save one more time finally when you come back after authentication.

Also, while copy pasting, make sure you don't add any spaces any the end of before of API Key and Secret.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support