Google font error on iPad

Hi,

I get issues trying to display some characters from google fonts on my iPad. On Windows or Android devices it looks as it should while on my iPad they are not displayed correctly. I've attached an image and stroked the word on top. Notice char "?". My site is http://www.linamoti.com

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gytis,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think these fonts doesn't display properly for me under Chrome on Windows too (though they do on Firefefox). It looks like the font weren't loading proper charset to use those special national characters and while the Chrome browser is substituting them, the browser on iPad doesn't manage to do it and is instead showing the question mark.

This might be caused by Google Fonts not being fully and/or properly loaded. Are these fonts loaded by theme that you are using (if yes, what is the theme) or are you using any plugin to include them in site?

It would also be helpful if you could grant us a support access to your site so we could take a closer look at it. Here's the guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gytis,

Thank you for your replay!

It seems that the theme that you are using is a premium theme so I unfortunately do not have access to it. A screenshot however gave me an idea of one more thing worth checking.

In fonts config there's "Paste the href link value" field where you put a link taken from Google Fonts page. It seems that it's loading standard fonts so most likely the simply do not contain national characters' representation.

I would try this:
    - visit Google Fonts website again
    - find the fonts that you are using and add them to your collection to be used
    - before getting a link from "Embed" section, switch to "Customize" and make sure that "Latin Extended" is also enabled
    - then update that link in fonts configuration

It's also possible that the given font doesn't support "Latin Extended" support and in that case the option would be to... find similar font that supports it.

Give it a try please and let me know if it helped. If it doesn't, I would need to access the site since I do not have access to the theme.

Kind regards,
    Adam