Google for work calendar integration

So, I've attempted many various ways, but to no avail. I was wondering if you all understood why the calendar id from a google for work account is unable to be recognized or utilized by the calendar API .
Ultimately all I had to do to get appointmets+ working with api integration was go into my personal google account calendar and set up a new sub calendar, and it worked without a hitch.

But if i were to go into my business account (which is the calendar I would like to be using) when I go through the steps of adding the account email selecting "make changes to event" , then adding the person, then saving the calendar and receiving the calendar id. That business calendar i.d. always starts with "sigmahealthgroup.com_" then comes the porition that looks like a normal calendar id (one from a personal gcal account) "0e1gl864a1pdc22baua1r6v5sc@group.calendar.google.com"

So again, I find this all very inconvenient as I now have to monitor multiple google accounts for work, which was kind of the entire reasoning behind moving to the "Google for work" platform. So i wanted to ask, does anyone have a work around for the Google for work calendars?

Sincerely,
Perry

• Patrick

Hi there @Perry

I hope you had a great weekend!

It looks like you may have just overlooked the explanation for that, which at the very top of the Google Calendar API Settings section under the Google Calendar tab:

Note for Google Business Account users: GCal API usage is not free of charge for business accounts. You should first contact Google sales department to make it available or use an individual account instead.

So to get things working with your works calendar, you must first contact Google and get them to enable the API for your calendar.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Perry

@Patrick

Hey man, I apologize for the delay, as I wanted to retrack my steps.

So, I did indeed follow the protocol for contacting Google about utilizing the calendar API, And their response was that as a "google for works" top tier customer, there was no additional pricing for me to utilize the calendar.
      (*** I didn't ask about the tier below me specifically, but the way he talked made me assume that it would be the same for the $5/ user/month tier as well)

So the steps I was taken through were for an Google for Works Account Administrator. I'll provide them here with the screen shots and i'll describe where I'm confused now.

So as I explained the situation they they said
      1) go to your admin console
      2) Select the Security App
      3) Go to the bottom of the page and select "Show More"
      4) Choose " Advanced Options"
      5) Choose Manage Oauth Key and secret for this domain
      6) Make sure the 1) "enable this consumer key" and 2)"allow access to all API's"
      7) Select "Save Changes"

Now... here is where Im confused, after saving these changes, I went ahead deleted the old api and started from scratch. To no avail however there was no appointment made on my "test connection"

So my question then is this, since there is an OAuth Consumer Secret code being generated and the "two legged Oauth access control" is turned on.

Would this then be the key that needs to be used in conjunction with setting up the API?

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

I appreciate your efforts to help me get it all resolved.

• Perry

@Patrick

Hey man, I apologize for the delay, as I wanted to retrack my steps.

So, I did indeed follow the protocol for contacting Google about utilizing the calendar API, And their response was that as a "google for works" top tier customer, there was no additional pricing for me to utilize the calendar.
    (*** I didn't ask about the tier below me specifically, but the way he talked made me assume that it would be the same for the $5/ user/month tier as well)

So the steps I was taken through were for an Google for Works Account Administrator. I'll provide them here with the screen shots and i'll describe where I'm confused now.

So as I explained the situation they they said
    1) go to your admin console
    2) Select the Security App
    3) Go to the bottom of the page and select "Show More"
    4) Choose " Advanced Options"
    5) Choose Manage Oauth Key and secret for this domain
    6) Make sure the 1) "enable this consumer key" and 2)"allow access to all API's"
    7) Select "Save Changes"

Now... here is where Im confused, after saving these changes, I went ahead deleted the old api and started from scratch. To no avail however there was no appointment made on my "test connection"

So my question then is this, since there is an OAuth Consumer Secret code being generated and the "two legged Oauth access control" is turned on.

Would this then be the key that needs to be used in conjunction with setting up the API?

Thank you so much for being patient with me.

I appreciate your efforts to help me get it all resolved.

• Perry

@Patrick

I wanted to double check that someone had seen my previous post. I hadn't known if i should have made it its own piece of the thread or a direct response to you... so i made it both.

I have usually heard back from someone within about 12-24 hours, and its been 3 days since i posted my first reply but I haven't heard back from anyone.

Since the issue is slightly different, then originally thought, should I close this thread and open a new one?

I did attempt to post it as a new thread but was told that because this thread was still open that It needed to be handled here.

My websites ability to function properly is largely effected by this schedulers ability to work so I apologize if i seem overzealous, but its very important for me to get this resolved.

Thank you for any direction you can point me in.

Sincerely,

Perry

• Perry

Hey @Patrick Any word on whether or not WPMUDEV will be trying to learn the answer to the "google works" Key issue?

This Scheduler is a rather large part of my business and will be very important for my staff and I to be able to implement our Google Works email accounts.

If not, I completely understand that its is not within MPMUDEVs power to please everyone all the time. But I will need to begin to resource a solution else where. So any information that you can share with me is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time and follow up.

Perry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.