Google Map - Additional picture/URL marker popup

I've just installed the Google Maps plugin. It's already looking great, but I'm not yet 100% satisfied. I've created a map http://www.expatclub.org/destinations that shows all destinations (duhhh) of the places that I'm going to with Expat Club. The markers indicate nicely where we've been, but I would like to know whether it's possible to:

a) enable a scroll-over functionality so that the popup for a specific marker already shows with a scroll-over

b) insert a specific picture in that popup. I want to choose that picture as they relate to the events page that is elsewhere on my site.

c) insert an actual hyperlink that can take the visitor immediately to the first upcoming trip to that destination, or eventually the last one. Preferably I would like to be able to insert another link, namely a second one that takes the visitor to a photo album of the last trip to that destination.

Is this too advanced or would it be possible with some customisation? If so, please give my developers some first indications on how to do this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Edgar

Thanks so much for your quick answer. Please inform your colleague not to do work on this. I feel it's going to be too difficult. In the mean time I've found another plugin that can do this, namely WP Google Maps. It's a premium plugin that costs only $19. Also in the mean time I did find great applications for the WPMU-DEV plugin for my site, starting with this page http://expatclub.org/coach-pick-up-points/. I love the flexibility of the maps sizes.

I do have another question regarding Panoramio overview. Would it be possible to add my own event pictures that will show up when you click on a marker?

And finally, is it possible to hover over the marker instead of click on it, that works much faster. How can I attain this?

Thanks a lot!

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Edgar,

I hope you are well today.

Just for clarification, I have some questions

a) enable a scroll-over functionality so that the popup for a specific marker already shows with a scroll-over

This mean you want when we scrolling the mouse, the next marker will be focused? Example, currently I'm open marker A, scrolling the mouse, it will auto open the marker B, and so on for the other?

b) insert a specific picture in that popup. I want to choose that picture as they relate to the events page that is elsewhere on my site.

You can use the Google Map Javascript API version 3, please check the Info Window section.

c) insert an actual hyperlink that can take the visitor immediately to the first upcoming trip to that destination, or eventually the last one. Preferably I would like to be able to insert another link, namely a second one that takes the visitor to a photo album of the last trip to that destination.

Hmm, sorry but I feel confuse about this. So we will place a link inside the marker popup, which link to relevance gallery?

Please advise,
    Thanks!

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Edgar

Hi Hoang, Thanks for the quick response. I actually informed your other colleague that I may want to use another plugin for this specific type of map that I would like to use. That one includes everything that I need, so we don't waste time (on your side and my side). I have found a great application for the WPMU DEV Google Maps plugin though, but on a different page. Thanks again Hoang!