Google Map Geolocation with Custom Markers

Hey guys,

Does the Google Map plugin allow us to use someone's device location to custom display a map and nearby attractions (parks, restaurants, etc.)? This is a snippet from an email sent by a potential client if it helps:

"As far as parks and places and extra food resources, integration with a google map would be great. For instance if I search for a restaurant with my phone and I click on the address, my phone connects that to google maps on my phone and before I know it, I have directions. I just want the same basic functionality for these places whether folks are looking for food or exercise."

Thanks!
Daniel

Predrag Dubajic

Hey Daniel,

Hope you're doing well

I'm afraid that your clients request won't be possible with our Google Maps plugin, the plugin itself is used to display your own locations pinned on the map and it doesn't have an option to search for nearby venues and attractions in order to show the directions.

Maps that are embedded into page are usually used to show location of your business and show direction to there.

Displaying surroundings is not something I have familiar with with any google map and I'm not sure if there's a out of the box solution for this or it will require some custom coding

Best regards,
    Predrag