google map in wordpress

Hi

I created a new contact page ie contact us as I could not edit the google map on contact page, if you can help me edit it like the contact us page google map then I can delete contact us page.

Also I tried deleting the contact page and renaming thecontact us page to contact, while doing that the default google which is in iframe shows along with the google map i created.

Please advice

Regards

Sunita

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Sunita,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for keeping the support staff access open. I tried to figure out how that developer added the google maps there but could not figure out how that dev is adding the google maps. It appears that map is being injected dynamically on this page because I can't see the shortcode or Visual Composer module on this page.

However, on other contact us page, I can see that you are using the Visual Composer's google map module and its working fine now.

Do you want this to be full width ? Because this is the only difference I can see on two pages. Then this can be done by using the Stretch row and content option of Visual Composer.

In addition to that option, I added following code in page CSS to avoid any other margins and paddings coming from theme.

.vc_custom_1479973969890 .vc_column-inner {
        padding: 0px !important;
        margin: 0px !important;
    }

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sunita
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Sajid

Either one option

1. The dynamically pulled google map on contact page if can be made smaller as 1000px x 400px

2. Or to try to find how to disable the map from contact page because my client is so so clear in what he wants

He wants smaller map and the page name to be contact not contact us hence my solution of creating that page fails

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Sunita ,

I trust all is well!

On this page /tour/contact-us/ it much easier to change the Google Map dimensions. You can edit it with visual composer. I added the following CSS code to the page's visual editor

.stick-to-bottom {
        margin: auto;
        width: 1000px;
        height: 400px;
    }

It set the map's height to 400 px and width to 1000 px.

If you wish to hide it, just edit the page and delete the element with visual composer:

For this page /tour/contact/, where the map is dynamically added to a footer use the following CSS code to resize it:

.map-responsive.footer-bottom-new.maps {
        margin: auto;
        width: 1000px;
        height: 400px;
        position:relative;
    }

The problem here is when the map is smaller the background color is not white. If it will be changed to white with CSS, the main footer will be changed from dark blue to white as well.

So here you probably will go with the second option, hide it from the page. Use the following code to hide it:

.map-responsive.footer-bottom-new.maps {
         display:none;
    }

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.