Google map is not loading

I'm using the Google Map plugin, it isn't loading on my site, I made a plugin conflict test but no luck, please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Roman Sajdik

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I still can't access the site.

The support access does seem to be active but there must be something other that's blocking our access. When I try to access the site all I'm getting is an "Access denied" message:

Since I can't access the site, I'm not able to tell you exactly why this is happening but it might be either because of "wp-admin" moved to some other location in some "non-standard" way, some additional login security tool, a firewall or a geo-blocking (we're a globally distributed company so when dealing with support it's suggested to allow access from everywhere)... There's a lot of options but we need to be able to access the site to be able to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.

Would you please make sure that no additional login/back-end access security tools are active, no geolocation-based access control is there too and no firewall is blocking access? If it's something host-related, you might want to talk to your host asking them to help you "unlock" this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Roman Sajdik

Thank you, I was able to access the site now and check it.

There are two issue there:

1. Maps on the /elements/google-maps/ page

None of these maps is from Google Maps Pro plugin. You do have our Google Maps Pro plugin installed and enabled but there's also a Google Maps module in Ultimate Add-ons for WPBakery Page Builder plugin. Maps on this page are coming from this module, not from our Google Maps Pro plugin. Furthermore, it seems that two maps are simple embeds and one is "generated" via the module.

That's why the conflict test didn't show up anything and any changes in Google Maps Pro plugin configuration won't fix that. The same issue there happens even if our Google Maps Pro plugin is disabled.

2. API key issue

There's an error in a console that stats that the API key is invalid. It's not exactly true, I think.

I did a test and I used my own API key in Google Maps Pro plugin configuration, then I added a map from our Google Maps Pro plugin to the test page that I created (named "Testmap WPMU", I moved it to draft ("Koncepty") section for now so it wouldn't be publicly visible but you can restore and check it) and with the map worked fine with no issues at all.

Then I switched the API key back to yours in Google Maps Pro plugin configuration and while the map wasn't displayed, the error message was less "general". It suggests that there's no API activated. To fix that, you would want to access your Google Developers console again, select your app there (the one you're using for Google Maps) and then:

- click on "Navigation menu" element (the "hamburger" menu icon in top-left corner)
    - go to "APIs & Services -> Library" page
    - click on "Maps JavaScript API" and then click on "Manage" button there
    - then select "APIs" in the menu on the left

On the list there you can find various Google Maps related APIs and you can enable them after clicking on their names. I'm not sure about that module from Ultimate Add-ons for WPBakery Page Builder plugin, but for our Google Maps Pro plugin you should have at least these APIs enabled there:

Maps JavaScript API
    Geocoding API
    Directions API
    Places API for web

Additionally, those might also come useful in future, depending on the plugin features that you are going to use:

Distance Matrix API
    Maps Elevation API (I'm not quite sure about this one but it doesn't hurt to get more than less enabled)
    - Gelocation API

Assuming that your app and the API key was created properly, enabling these APIs should fix the issue, at least for our Google Maps Pro plugin (if you start using maps from it).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.