Google Maps

I am having an issue with the Google Maps on some of my sites. I've updated the API - I'm honestly not sure what the problem is. I thought I would try WPMU's plugin for google maps. But being a multi-site I see the WPMU DASHBOARD at the network level but not on individual pages. It says the google maps plugin is active but I don't see it in the dashboard.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Amber

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on Multisite is always visible only in Network Admin, it does not and cannot work "per site". The main feature of it, apart from keeping the site connected to The Hub and your WPMU DEV account, is letting you install and update our plugins and on Multisite you only install plugins via Network Admin - they can't be installed on sub-sites only.

To use our Google Maps plugin you just need to install it via "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page and then, depending on your needs, you can either enable it for entire network or for each of subsites separately.

To enable for the network: go to the "Network Admin -> Plugins -> All plugins", find Google Maps Pro on the list and click on "Network activate"

To enable for some subsite(s) only instead: go to the "Plugins -> All plugins" in the dashboard of the subsite(s) and click on "Activate".

The difference in case of Google Maps plugin is that if network-activated, plugin will be enabled and available on the main site and every sub-site of the Multisite and admins of sub-sites will not be able to deactivate it. Configuration will still be separate for each of the sites of the Multisite.

But if it's enabled only on selected subsite(s), admins of these subsites will be able to deactivate the plugin if they want to. Configuration will also still be separate for each of these sites.

In all cases, configuration of the plugin is available on "Settings -> Google Maps" page inside the dashboard of the specific site you want to configure it for.

If you have any additional questions, let me know, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Amber

I'd like to take a closer look at this, if you don't mind. Would you please enable support access to the site then?

To do this, please go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page and click on "Grant support access" button there. Once it's done, let me know here.

I'll access the site then and check it and we'll then see what could be done about the issue :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.