Google maps and Social marketing conflict?

Hey there

Is anyone else experiencing a conflict between Google Maps and the Social Marketing plugins?

My Google Maps do not show on chrome and firefox, but show on IE9 (with the gallery thumbnails missing). Disabling the Social Marketing plugin fixes the problem.

See an example below.
http://1two3.co.za/geography/geogwiki/grade-12/grade-12-people-and-places/1-processes-and-spatial-patterns/

• aecnu

Greetings ebrown,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Is anyone else experiencing a conflict between Google Maps and the Social Marketing plugins?

I have tested this out in our development environment (click to see demo) and cannot replicate the issue.

My testing was conducted using Firefox, Opera, and IE 9 - in which they all passed.

Therefore it is my conclusion at this point that it is probably some other conflict between plugins.

In addition, you did not mention trying this backwards - i.e. disabling Google Maps and seeing if the Social Marketing plugin works.

Now is the troubleshooting procedure of disabling all plugins except these two and see if the anomaly still exists.

Please advise as to the results of your testing for resolution of this thread.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Eugene

Hi aecnu

Thanks for your reply.

The Social Marketing plugin works fine, so there is no need to deactivate Google Maps. Google Maps was working fine until I activated the Social Marketing plugin.

The only error I get on firebug is:

twttr is not defined
    [Break On This Error] 	

twttr.events.bind('tweet', wdsm_twitter_callback);

I deactivated all the plugins except Wiki, Social Marketing and Google maps and tried the default theme and the error persists.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.