Google Maps API on Site-Slows load sometimes

Hey Guys

Just curious if anyone could help me find out why there is a google maps API call on my site. Here is the view source link when using Chrome browser: view-source:http://plugins.postfriendly.com/

Sometimes, loading my site takes forever and on the bottom of the browser it will say "waiting for maps.google.com. Thanks for any help you can provide. I can't figure out if its the theme or a plugin

• PC

Hey there

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I checked the source and this is what is there :

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=true&ver=3.8.1'></script>

That I think is coming from your theme. Did you search the theme files for the code ?

You can also check that by disabling all plugins and then checking if the maps are being called. that'd make it clear.

PS : I did not face any loading issues (even when I am on a slow internet connection today) Perhaps its your cache causing issues on your computer ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Mike Price

Hey PC,

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately, switching to any other theme that I have installed the same code for maps.google.com shows up in the source code so it doesn't appear to be theme related.

I dont have any Google plugins installed on this particular network so I am going crazy lol..As far as slow load, that doesn't always happen to me either. It is very intermittent and usually happens when there is some issues with maps.google.com (not necessarily with my site)

I just want to stop calling maps.google.com to avoid any possible connection speeds

• PC

Hey there,

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.