Google Maps - doesn't display map

The Google Maps plugin isn't displaying the map. I added the API key, which has solved the problem on other sites, but it hasn't solved the problem on this site. It's a multisite installation. Here's one place it should show up on the main site: http://www.swingsetsminnesota.com/contact-us/. It just shows a yellow bar instead.

I've had it network activated, so I tried it site by site instead and that didn't work. I tried the agm_map alternative and that hasn't worked. The site has a lot of caching, so I've cleared all the caches and still nothing.

Ideas?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello flojnel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

The site reports a JQuery library related errors and it looks like either jQuery was not loaded at all. Could you please try following steps in order to test it:

1. clear and disable caching entirely and see if that helps
    2. if not, switch to Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Seventeen theme and see if maps load
    3. if none of that helps, try disabling all the plugins on site at once (except maps) and if maps are showing up, enable them one by one each time checking if maps are there;

That should reveal the reason for the issue and knowing that we should be able to find a solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

• flojnel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for your help! It was the theme, which was a custom theme I'd written. I had a plugin conflict in the past and the developer had me call an outside version of jquery as a patch. Luckily the plugin has been updated and when I took that call out, everything worked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.