Google Maps doesn't work with Divi Theme

I have installed the Google Maps plugin and configured it, however the "ADD MAP" Never shows up in the editor so I have no way to add a map . when I go to to widget area and add Google maps to sider bar, there is a selection to "create a new map" however, when you click on it nothing happens?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Phil,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

I have installed the Google Maps plugin and configured it, however the "ADD MAP" Never shows up in the editor so I have no way to add a map .

It working fine on my test site using default WordPress theme Twenty Thirteen.

This may be theme specific issue.

Have you tried using Default Editor in the edit page screen?

You can also use the Google Maps by activating Google Maps add-on "Map location shortcode" from the following path.

Admin Area -> Settings -> Google Maps -> Add-ons

And using its shortcodes like following.

[location address="202 / 120 Bay Street,Port Melbourne"]

[location coordinates="-37.84119,144.94071"]

when I go to to widget area and add Google maps to sider bar, there is a selection to "create a new map" however, when you click on it nothing happens?

I could reproduce this issue on my test site. The javascript error message is getting displayed in the browser console on clicking the "Create new map" link.

I have notified the plugin developer to about it so that it can be fixed.

The issue will be fixed shortly.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Philipp Stracker

I just had a look but found no problem with the plugin on our development installations.

Also I could not get access to your site via the Support Staff Login, possibly there is some security plugin blocking the admin access...
    As Vinod mentioned it seems to be either related to your theme (Divi, I suppose) or to a third-party visual editor.

I might be able to help when I see the exact javascript error...
    Would be great if you could:

1. Add this line to your wp-config.php:
    define( 'WDEV_UNMINIFIED', true ); // loads the un-minified javascript files
    2. Open the Error-Console in your browser (typically F12 on Windows/Cmd+Alt+I on Mac)
    3. Reload the post editor
    4. Open maps popup and click "Create new map"
    --> by now you should have at least 1 javascript error in the console. Well, we wanna know the error infos, as detailled as possible :wink: