Google maps - map not saved error

Hi, I am having issues with google maps. I have searched the forum without success. I have updated to version 2.3 and get the same issue.
When I did my first map it worked fine. I then did my second map, which worked fine, but it caused my first map to lose its location and begin to show New Jersey (really..Jersey :grinning:.
Every time I go in to fix the first map after I have set it up again I get a "map not saved" error when I try to save it. When I initially choose "preview/edit" the "enter the location you wat to display" is empty.

When I look at the code I see something missing: See map_code screen shot. I am using basic tags [map id="3"] until I get this sorted.

I have deactivated all other plugins with no change.
Using business template.

http://powvets.com under camp locations

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Wayne,

That is really odd. I haven't been able to reproduce that issue. I know you mentioned you've tried all troubleshooting options, did you try the 'Fix and Repair' option in the maps plugin itself?

Looking at the page now it looks like the mapping plugin is disabled so I'm not able to assist much without seeing what's going on. Also I looked at the screenshot you posted but didn't see anything odd about the code there.

• jacksun
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Mason, I think I may have discovered the issue. I am trying to map locations in Prussia (old German countries) but it appears there is a "King of Prussia" town or whatever on the US East coast.

I'll do some more testing and see what happens.

Wayne

• backupandbeyond
    • New Recruit

Hi jacksun,

Not sure if this will help but I was getting a bunch of "Map Not Saved" errors. I went into the plugin options under settings and Enabled and ran the Fix and Repair Add-On. I then ran "Fix Missing Table" and it seemed to solve my problems. Hope this helps if your still having issues!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.