Google Maps markers not adjustable

I'm having an issue with creating custom Google maps with multiple markers. The problem is that I'm trying to show parking lots for events and when I place markers, it will automatically put them in places that I don't want and won't let me adjust them. For instance, a parking lot is rarely ON a street, it is usually within a block. I need to make the marker adjustable in order to sit correctly on the map. Even when I grab coordinates and put them in, the marker defaults to a street location, not the actual parking lot.

Is there a way to get around this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello dittoddt,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

Even when I grab coordinates and put them in, the marker defaults to a street location, not the actual parking lot.

Is there a way to get around this?

This is a feature that enabled by default as most users put markers in a "well known/common" locations. It is however easy to change :slight_smile:

To do this, please go to the "Settings -> Google Maps -> Options" page in your site's dashboard and change the "Snapping" option from "Yes" to "No" and save settings. After that you will be able to place markers where ever you wish on any of your maps.

Addon: I'm also having issues with getting the "x" to show up on the description when you click on a map marker. Currently, there is no way to close the description once you've viewed it.

I checked that on my test site but wasn't able to replicate this. My bet is that it's specific to the site and related to the theme (or other plugin's) CSS. I'd like to check it on your site.

That said, are you referring to the map on a front page or to some other map? The one on front page seems to be already customized but also have only a single marker so I assume it's not the one. Could you point me to a place where I could see the map in question?

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.