Google Maps Not Displaying on Page

I am trying to embed a google map within a page, however the map is not being displayed on the front end of the site. The shortcode seems to evaluate ok as I can see the HTML generated in the source code of the page.

http://uptown.braesidecondomgmt.com/community/

You can view the source code and see the map, but it isn't being displayed.

Any thoughts?

• aecnu

Greetings cstump,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

After looking at the source code of your page and specifically the rendering of the maps script itself, it appears that there is a problem with that specific script itself.

After copying it to two different code rendering engines it did not work in either Dreamweaver being one of them.

Please check your code and advise.

In addition, please copy the code here in your post and highlight the code and press "code" above to avoid the ticket system from possibly changing the code.

Cheers, Joe

• cstump

Here is the code generated by the shortcode:

<div class="agm_google_maps" id="map-70b9d4ed8dc157a52a5b8949e219c8e3"></div><script type="text/javascript">_agmMaps[_agmMaps.length] = {selector: "#map-70b9d4ed8dc157a52a5b8949e219c8e3", data: {"markers":[{"title":"120 N Northwest Hwy, Park Ridge, IL 60068, USA","body":"","icon":"marker.png","position":["42.011653","-87.83118300000001"]}],"defaults":{"height":"300","width":"300","map_type":"ROADMAP","image_size":"medium","image_limit":"10","map_alignment":"center","zoom":"1","units":"METRIC","additional_css":"","use_custom_fields":"1","custom_fields_map":{"latitude_field":"","longitude_field":"","address_field":""},"custom_fields_options":{"associate_map":"1","autoshow_map":"0","map_position":"top"}},"post_ids":["7"],"id":"2","title":"Residences of Uptown","height":"0","width":"0","zoom":"14","map_type":"ROADMAP","map_alignment":"left","show_map":"1","show_posts":"1","show_markers":"1","show_images":"1","image_size":"small","image_limit":"10","show_panoramio_overlay":"1","panoramio_overlay_tag":"","street_view":"0","street_view_pos":"0","street_view_pov":"0"}};</script>

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't be displaying on the page? I used the plugin to create the map and used the corresponding shortcode, but like I said, the above code is not working properly.

• Vladislav

Hi,

The reason for the issue is missing jQuery javascript library. This library is pretty essential for the plugin to work properly - and probably for a lot of other scripts on your site as well. The problem is that something (a plugin or the theme) is trying to load jQuery from Google CDN, but the URL it tries to load gets partially resolved to your local site, i.e. : http://uptown.braesidecondomgmt.com/ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js

Fixing this issue should solve the Google maps problem too.

• aecnu

Greetings cstump,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.