Google Maps not displaying shortcode

After placing shortcode on a page [map id="3"] it doesn't show the map.
JS error is shown in the developer console:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Barnaby

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and the map is now showing. Tracing down the console error suggested that there are some map parameters that are not defined so other parameters (depending) cannot be set. So I checked plugin settings and found out that there was no default size (width and height) set for map. I've set some values there and the map is now showing.

That said, you might want to adjust these values. To do this, please go to "Settings -> Google Maps Pro -> Options" page in the dashboard of the site in question an adjust values for "Default Map Height" and "Default Map Width" to your needs.

If you want maps to be responsive you might also additionally enable "Responsive Maps" add-on on "Settings -> Google Maps Pro -> Add-ons" page there.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Barnaby

Hi Adam,
    You must have found the answer just 10 seconds before I did!
    I would kind of expect the map to be 100% wide & responsive by default, then if it needed to be a specific size, then you'd add the size when you add the shortcode.
    I don't know if others would feel the same but I'd expect there to be something showing straight away.
    Anyways, thanks for your help on this, I thought I was going a bit crazy!
    Kind regards,
    Barnaby