Google Maps Not Showing in Post for Non-Members

I am using the Google Maps Plugin and the Membership plugin. The Google maps show up in posts for members, but not for non-members (stranger level).

I can’t figure out how to get the maps to show up in posts for people who are not logged in.

Is there something I need to change in the stranger membership level?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi jbshort,

I believe that’s solely due to your shortcode settings. Could you check under Membership > Edit Options to see that the Shortcode visibility is set to “Yes”?

Also, do you by any chance have any Shortcode rules in the membership level you’re using for the “Strangers”?

Thanks,

David

• jbshort
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I just checked, and the Shortcode visibility is set to “Yes.”

I don’t have any Shortcode rules in the membership level I’m using for “Strangers.” Should I? The map shortcode I’m inserting in my posts is: [map id=”1″] (The “1” changes for each map.)

Is there a shortcode for the maps that I should be putting in the Shortcode rules? If so, can you tell me what it is?

Thanks for all your help!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.