Google maps not working when hummingbird is activated

Hi there, I seemed to be having success with your hummingbird plugin however I noticed my google maps vanished from the two pages they were displayed on. I am using latest version of wordpress and latest version of a theme called Avada.

I reverted everything back to how it was in hummingbird and the maps were still not showing, I thought I would try disabling the plugin and the maps came straight back.

Is this something you have come across before and is there a way to resolve it please as i would very much like to use the hummingbird plugin on this small but slow website.

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Andrew,

You probably enabled minification in Hummingbird and that caused that maps stopped working in Avada.
    Minification is not feature that could be just enabled - careful configuration is required. Not every theme and plugin plays nicely when its JS files are "touched" - by that I mean minified, combined and moved. And Minification can do that.
    So next step is to disable minification, combination and move files to original position

After that your site should start working correctly. And from that point you can start enabling again those options for each file - and see if that causes problem with site. If you see that one file breaks site, revert changes for it and move to next file.

Each site is different - there is no one general configuration that would work for every site, so testing is required.

If after configuration it still wont work would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.