Google Maps Plugin

I am using your Google Maps plugin integrating it with Buddypress. The map seems to center on the newest user, however I need it to center on the United States rather than zooming in and focusing on a user.

I have used the center option and activated in the Google Maps setting.

This is my shortcode:

[agm_all_profiles_map width=”100%” height=”350px” zoom=”4″ show_markers=”0″ overlay=”no” featured_image=”yes” center=”39.232253, -94.972412″]

The website is in maintenance mode, but can be viewed at http://carryclassusa.com

If you need to view the map, I will disable the maintenance mode!

Also is there a way to enable geolocation to center the map as well? I would use this option for logged in users.

Am I doing this correctly. Any thoughts or instructions would be helpful. I have scoured the support forums extensively searching for an answer but was unable to turn it up.

Thank you

• jkdavis
    • New Recruit

I am working with a buddypress map. To be clear I am not trying to center the map on the page. I am trying to center the map on a geo location. Ideally I would like the map displaying the entire USA on the map through a combination of centering on a location and zoom level. As far as I am aware you can not even create a buddypress map through the shortcode generator.

To verify that my lat/long is the correct format, I copied it from the example in plugin settings. ([map id=”12″ center=”45.359865,20.412598″]). There was no change on the map on the website.

Here is my current shortcode:

[agm_all_profiles_map width=”100%” height=”350px” zoom=”4″ show_markers=”0″ overlay=”no” featured_image=”yes” center=”45.359865,20.412598″]

You can view the website (took off maintenance mode for now) here: http://carryclassusa.com/

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jkdavis,

Thank you for the additional info and after correctly showing the intended use of the plugin and your rating of my response I will decline to assist further other then asking the lead developer to assist because it is my duty to do so.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you very much for such a detailed issue report. I was able to confirm the issue you experienced – the center map add-on wouldn’t work properly with the BuddyPress members map shortcode. The solution in the attached Beta solved the issue on my development and test installs – could you please give it a go and see if it solves it for you too?

• jkdavis
    • New Recruit

Thank you Vladislav, the new version of the plugin works perfectly. I was able to center it perfectly on a lat/long location.

In an unrelated note, the map is loading notification which was previously not working is now working.

Thank you aecnu and Vladislav for your support.

Vladislav, the plugin is amazing and I want to personally thank you and your team for creating and curating it. I am more familiar with your responses on these forums regarding this plugin than you can imagine! :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thanks for reporting back the good news :slight_smile: I’m happy we solved this issue, and the fix is queued to be included in the next plugin release (there’s still an outstanding ticket to be taken care of before this happens, but the patch for this issue will definitely be included too). If you experience any other issue, or if you need any other kind of help with the usage or tweaks, I’ll be more then happy to assist.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.