"Google Maps" plugin options for BuddyPress

Hi,

I am using the awesome "BuddyPress group maps" add-on, so groups can display a map.
On changing the various options using the "options" tab in the plugin settings,
no changes seem to take effect.

I am now assuming these options are only for pages/posts.

Is there anyway to set styling options specifically for BuddyPress ?

I requested something similar recently for the "chat" plugin, where the chat has to be styled by the BP group creator(community user) and not the owner of the website running the community.

Nice to give the users such flexibility,
but not very intuitive it seems to me, to remove it from the site owner.

Can I set a default size etc. to simply have the user drop a map that would fit and look proper with the website theme ?

Any kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

RC.

• PC

Hello there RC,

Thanks for posting on the forums. How are you today ?

On changing the various options using the "options" tab in the plugin settings,
    no changes seem to take effect.

Can you kindly provide a link to your site so that I can see that in action ?

Is there anyway to set styling options specifically for BuddyPress ?

Not out of the box unless we use some custom css to change the looks of the maps. However its a nice feature suggestion to have a separate styling option for a BuddyPress area. Especially when a full page map and a group map will use different page templates so having different settings for both will be helpful.

Let me check what @Vladislav thinks on that.

In the meantime, You can enable support access via :

WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

That ways I will have access to your site to see if there is anything setup incorrectly and if at all some CSS suggestions are required.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hello there RC,

Thanks for providing the access.

Mostly the CSS looks fine to me and the elements are also aligned correctly. Now can you tell me if you want to change anything specific on that page so that I can check accordingly ?

Nice to give the users such flexibility,
    but not very intuitive it seems to me, to remove it from the site owner.

Can I set a default size etc. to simply have the user drop a map that would fit and look proper with the website theme ?

That can be a good option but in BuddyPress areas it won't work, for regular maps which are inserted in the post/pages, that is possible.

Let me see if our developer @Philipp Stracker who has recently been assigned to this project, got anything like that under development for future versions.

Cheers, PC

• amused

i am solely referring to the maps as they integrate with BP.

I think i may have confused my issue somehow by not explaining myself properly.
    I dont understand how you could say that everything looks fine,
    I believe i may have had you looking at something other that what i was trying to explain.
    My apologies for wasting your time.

My sole issue is that of how the maps integrate with BP alone.
    not into a page/post per say.

The point being that when "options" are changed in the plugin, example ; "Default map height",
    they do not reflect in the map that is displayed in BP.
    I made numerous changes to the map height etc. making sure to save changes and refresh the view page etc. and the BP map always looks the same.

I have realised this similarity with the "chat" plugin as well,
    which is to say, options/settings for appearance in the WP admin plugin side, do not reflect for BP.

I just feel that when you guys boast of BP compatibility/integration its not fully or properly done. Just a teaser, making me want more :slight_smile:

thanks for your kind assistance and support.
    i will look forward to updates from development hopefully as they apply to BP.

Respectfully,

RC.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.