[Google Maps Pro] Google Maps Pro breaks Elementor

Hi guys,
I'm getting an AGM dependencies error trying to edit pages with Elementor as described in this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/google-maps-error-in-google-maps-pro-widget-in-elementor

I don't know why there should be AGM dependencies when I am not using AGM. Also, I am not using shortcodes (as in the above post), but only the Google Maps widget. Nor I am using a child theme to be able to try the code in that post, and I'd rather not waste my time with it when the two plugins should play nicely together :slight_smile:

If I deactivate and reactivate the plugin it works, but if I make changes to the site, it breaks again.

Any thoughts? Does no-one else have this problem??

Thanks,
Arthur

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Arthur

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "AGM" part in the error message that you're getting is not related to whether the plugin is set to use "map" or "agm-map" shortcode. All the classes in the plugin code are using this as a name "prefix". The error - if it's exactly the same as in that other ticket that you linked to - is also about the Google Maps widget.

The core of the error is the fact that when loading on front-end the plugin is checking if all necessary resources are available: plugins JS and CSS scripts and Google Maps library js. However, it's not exactly the same case as in that other ticket (as you're using Google Maps differently) and even though I investigated it again, I wasn't able to find out what exactly is happening here so I'll need to consult that with our developers.

I have already passed the question to them so they'll look into it. Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update you here as soon as we get to know more about the issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Arthur,

I did some tests on my end with the setup similar to your site and I was able to replicate the issue there.
    It's most likely that the Google Maps plugin is conflicting with the existing Elementor Map widget and thus throwing an error.

I tried applying the code mentioned here https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/3136#issuecomment-356875246 that disables Google Maps widget from Elementor but unfortunately, it didn't work for me so I couldn't test it with their maps disabled.

I would suggest getting in touch with Elementor devs and check how to get that code working in order to disable their Google Maps and check if the builder is working fine after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.