Google Maps Pro plugin conflict with Appointments +

I have Google Maps Pro and Appointments + and there is a conflict. With maps enable Appointments + throws a timeout error, when Maps disabled all is fine.

This happen when I try access to Appointments > Settings . Services

• Luís
    • Support

Hi joe ,

Hope you're doing well today!

During our live chat I was able to check the timeout you was getting, however, when I re-checked the site, seems its not happening anymore.

Google Maps plugin is enabled and I was able to access to Appointments > Settings > Services without issues.

Did you found and fixed the issue?

Cheers, Luís

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Luis

After our conversation I uncovered a few more problems with Appointments + and your colleague Nastia noticed there seemed to be files missing from the Appoinments + plugin.

I reinstalled the plugin and so far things appear to be normal, however I have yet to enable other plugins. I will return if further problems ensue.

One point to note, until you asked your question I was unaware of the existence of this thread.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi joe,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue. This is odd behaviour, I could notice 504 getaway error due to this conflict in your website side. I tested in my server, and I'm not able to replicate the issue.

Unfortunately enabling the Google Maps Pro has made the site inaccessible with 504 error, I'm afraid only the host could close the process, so that website would load fine, or it would take some time for the site to automatically close the process, and load.

This occurs only in cases if there isn't enough server resources or conflicts with existing plugins. Could you please get in touch with your hosting provider, and ask to increase the max_execution_time from 180 to 300.

Also, once the site is up could you please deactivate all the plugins except WPMU DEV Dashboard, Appointments, and Google Maps Pro plugin, and check whether the issue still occurs?

This would give a better idea of where the issue should be looked upon. If the pages work in such setup, it could be another plugin which is causing a conflict with Appointments+, Google Maps Pro

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

max_execution_time set to 300

All plugins except WPMU DEV Dashboard, Appointments, and Google Maps Pro plugin disabled

Basic Twenty Nineteen theme installed and the problem still exists.

I also deleted and reinstalled Google Maps Pro but with no change.

To be clear, with only 3 plugins enabled, WPMU DEV Dashboard, Appointments, and Google Maps Pro, the site breaks . When Google Maps Pro is disabled the site works.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi joe,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

To be clear, with only 3 plugins enabled, WPMU DEV Dashboard, Appointments, and Google Maps Pro, the site breaks . When Google Maps Pro is disabled the site works.

Thanks for running further test regarding this. This is really an odd issue, as it's something which we aren't able to replicate in our side.

Could you please make sure to replicate the issue again, and then ask for your hosting provider for the server logs, so that we give a closer look at the logs to see whether there is anything specific that should be looked upon?

You might find the following link helpful:
    http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/stats-logging/how-to-view-cpanel-error-logs

Looking forward to the logs, so that we could have a better idea about what exactly could be causing this. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi joe,

To start with PHP server logs would help regarding this. Also, if you could mention the 504 gateway time out the error, and the steps to replicate the issue with the hosting provider, they would be able to check the logs specific to that action too.

Please do let us know what your host has to say regarding this. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.